(Admin) Change of Email and address

  • George Kiraz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2000
      Dear Hugoyoye,

      Please note that all submissions and inquiries about Hugoye should be made to the following new email and address:

      George Kiraz
      46 Orris Ave
      Piscataway, NJ 08854
      email: gkiraz@...

      George Kiraz

    • Naomi Koltun-Fromm
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2000
        I am in need of a good, user-friendly (ie not too many diacritics, etc)
        transliteration style-guide for Syriac that is acceptable for most
        scholarly journals. Any suggestions?
        Thank you,
        Naomi Koltun-Fromm
        nkoltunf@...

        Naomi Koltun-Fromm, PhD office: 610-896-4975
        Dept of Religion home: 610-645-8324
        Haverford College email: nkoltunf@...
        370 Lancaster Ave
        Haverford, PA 19041
      • fsarguis@west.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2000
          Dear Dr. Koltun-Fromm,
          It is a remarkable coincidence that your name would appear on my computer
          monitor!
          I am afraid I do not have the expertise to know how to help in your
          request. However, I will circulate the message to a couple of friends who
          may have suggestions.

          In the meantime, I read a notice of your Stanford doctorate in one of the
          periodicals (it may have been MESA or the International Journal of Middle
          East Studies.

          I am book review editor for the JOURNAL OF ASSYRIAN ACADEMIC STUDIES, and
          the title "Jewish Christian Relatioons in Northern Mesopotamia before the
          Arab Conquest", so intrigued me that I sought to borrow a copy from
          InterLibrary loans. Alas, I was told that Stanford does not loan out their
          dissertations.

          Do you have any suggestions along these lines? If you should have a copy
          which might be mailed to me for a limited period, I would be most eager to
          pay all shipment costs, and I would also promise to return the work within
          a specified dateline (such as two weeks, for example).

          Thanks very much for your consideration.

          Francis Sarguis