Conference: Religion, ethnicity and contested nationhood in the former Ottoman space.

  • Linda Wheatley Irving
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008
      Dear All,
      I am passing on this CFP whose deadline is in two weeks [sic!]. I have cut and pasted it from the H-Levant list.

      http://h-net.msu.edu/cgi-bin/logbrowse.pl?trx=vx&list=H-Levant&month=0712&week=b&msg=0VJ5aLXz0CZipPqalTEK2A&user=&pw=

      Conference location and date:
      Istanbul: 1-3 April 2008

      The workshop will be held at the Swedish Research Institute in Istanbul
      1-3 April 2008 with arrival and departure being on 31 March and 4 April.
      All reasonable travel and accommodation costs will be covered by the
      organisers.

      An agreement in principle has been reached to publish with a respected
      academic publisher.

      Scholars wishing to be considered for inclusion should email a paper
      title, short abstract and short CV (maximum 400 words in total) to the
      address below by 15 January 2008. A small reference group of the
      organisers will consider these, and the formal invitations will be sent
      at the end of January 2008.

      Jørgen S. Nielsen
      Professor of Islamic Studies
      Centre for European Islamic Thought