FWD - BSANA Sponsored Panel Kalamazoo 2009 Call for Proposals]

  • lindawi@agni.phys.iit.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      Dear All,
      This message was forwarded to one of the Byzantine lists to which I
      belong. I pass it on for your interest. BTW, these are the two major
      organizations for Byzantine and medieval studies in North America.
      best wishes,
      Linda

      BSC Listserve FWD from Linda Safran, BSC President

      To the Membership of the BSANA:

      The Governing Board of the Byzantine Studies Association of North America,
      Inc., invites members of the organization to submit proposals for
      BSANA-sponsored sessions on any theme relating to Byzantine studies to be
      given at the Congress on Medieval Studies at Kalamazoo, MI, May 7-10,
      2009. The proposal should include the call for papers (approximately one
      page in length) and cite suggested speakers.

      Proposals should be submitted by email to Linda Safran, BSANA President:

      linda.safran@...

      by December 15, 2007. The proposals will be reviewed by members of the
      Governing Board, and the organizer(s) of the selected panel(s) will be
      notified in January.

      For details about Kalamazoo, sponsored sessions, and deadlines for the
      conference, please see:

      http://www.wmich.edu/~medinst/congress/submissions.html

      Please note: final proposals for the BSANA-sponsored sessions(s) must be
      submitted to the Kalamazoo organizers by May 15, 2008, for the 2009
      conference.

      Only proposals from BSANA members in good standing—-those who have paid
      their 2007 dues--will be considered. To pay 2007 dues in order to be
      eligible for consideration, download the dues form from the BSC/BSANA
      website and submit it with your check in US dollars to the BSANA Treasurer
      immediately: http://www.byzconf.org/current/2007/AnnualDuesForm.html

      Sincerely,

      Linda Safran
      President, BSANA, Inc.