win 2000

  • Clemens Leonhard
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2000
      Dear Hugoyoge,
      although I know, that this is not a forum to be bothered
      with general
      win2000 problems, I would nevertheless ask some questions
      here, as we are all
      awaiting the unicoded win2000 Syriac which means that this
      program should
      support some other features as well if we change to it in
      order to use the
      Syriac support.

      So far I did not succeed
      1) in getting the transcription needed for Semitic
      languages: e.g. t with dot
      below is available in the English distribution of win2000 in
      the Arial Unicode
      MS font only (somtimes with a fixed space after the letter -
      as a result of a combination of a diacritic without zero
      breadth???) but not in the Times New Roman.
      I did not yet find the p with a macron (for Syriac ph).
      2) The same is true for polytonic Greek, Armenian, etc.

      Thus, is there a Times font available which includes these
      subsets of characters
      (no, I am unfortunately not able to make use of the nice
      Chinese ones)?
      Where do you get information e.g. about the nice and easy
      typing of Hebrew
      vowels?
      Will it be possible to type Syriac on the layout of the
      normal win2000 Hebrew
      keyboard (semkath = x)?

      Thank you very much!
      Yours