how to pay for Parole de l'Orient?

  • Linda Wheatley Irving
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2007
      Dear All,

      I need advice from someone living in the US: I have an outstanding bill
      for Parole de l'Orient and a couple of other books that I have tried to
      pay twice. It appears that either my mail never reaches its
      destination, or that the money ends up somewhere else. I have already
      lost over $100 this way, as the first time I had sent a US$ cashier's
      cheque and, after one year, had thrown out the receipt. Then I tried
      paying by personal cheque, and now must put a stop-payment on it (ca.
      $25 at my bank). What should I do? I have tried writing, but perhaps
      my note attached to my last payment attempt got waylaid along with the
      cheque.

      Is someone having better luck than me? I just want to pay my
      outstanding bill at this point; if I establish an order for future
      volumes of PdO, I will try to go through Suleiman's Bookshop in Beirut,
      which at least takes credit cards.

      with best wishes,
      Linda

      Linda Wheatley-Irving (Ms.)