[hugoye-l] Ephraem Syrus commentaries MSS

  • Steven Ring
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2000
      My thanks to George Kiraz for his reply. The following book was
      recommended:
      Saint Ephrem's Commentary on Tatian's Diatessaron
      An English Translation of Chester Beatty Syriac MS 709 with
      Introduction and Notes Translated with introduction and notes by
      Carmel McCarthy, Department of Near Eastern Languages, University
      College, Dublin.

      I will try to find out if this book contains the Syriac text.

      As far as I know, the commentaries of Ephraem seem to be preserved in 2
      MSS.
      The Chester Beatty Syriac MS 709 and another in the Vatican library
      which
      was published in the 18th century. Does anyone know if a critical
      reconstruction has been attempted based upon these (and other) MSS? A
      reconstruction would probably be the best text to get if it exists!

      Kind regards,
      Steven Ring