RE: [hugoye-list] Miscellaneous Questions

  • Ginkel, J.J. van
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
      [hugoye-list] Miscellaneous Questions

      Dear Mark,

      A brief ps:

      Regarding Cyrillona see:

      Baumstark, GSL pp. 67-7 (Qurillona), where B. clearly indicates that there is something left of this work on the Huns.

      C. Vona, (I Carmi di Cirillona, Rome 1963) might have published it.

      As far as the Sachau fragment is concerned, I had a quick glance on Nau's article `Le Traité sur les `Constellations' ecrit en 661 par Sévère Sébokt ...'Revue de l'Orient Chrétien 7/8 (27/28), 1929-1932 pp 327-410 (t. 7); 85-100 (t. 8). According to Nau, the two fragments, published by Sachau in his inedita, are in fact part of this Tractatus, i.e. chapters 17 and 18. Nau has translated it all into French.

      Hope this helps.

      Best wishes,

      Jan van Ginkel

      (Leiden University)