publishing query

  • Edward G. Mathews, Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2005
      publishing query I wonder if anyone on the list can help me decipher
      the Syriac phrase below.  I have a book of Psalms
      with the following publishing info on the bottom
      of the title page - consonantal text only:

      [ New York ]

      b-s-m-kh-n-Œ   d-d-s-t-Œ   b-b-l-y-w-n-y-t-Œ   [ of America ]

      {{  kh = heth  }}

      the transliteration is standard, but if anyone can help
      and would like a .tif of the title page itself, I can send it.
      Any other info on the history of this "publishing house"
      - affiliation, how long 'in business', etc., - would also
      be greatly appreciated.

      In advance, many thanks,

      Ed Mathews

           Dr. Edward G. Mathews, Jr.