About Victoria Erhart

  • ioan ovidiu
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
      Hallo,
      I'm doing my Ph.D. at Georg-August-University, G�ttingen Germany, with
      Professor Dr. Martin Tamcke on the topic "The Pervasion of the Islam into
      the Syrian Christian World and the Relationship Between the Christianity and
      the Islam, since the very Beginning and up to the Umayyad Caliphate".
      I discovered on the Internet that in 1994, in the Byzantine Studies
      Conference in Michigan, Ms. Victoria Erhart (Dumbarton Oaks/Catholic
      University) presented an essey with the topic "Centralized Authority in the
      Syriac Diophysite Church?: Catholicos Isho-yahb III (644-658) vs. Bishop
      Simeon of Rev Ardashir" in the Church Controversies series. I am very much
      interested in reading this essey.
      I tried to get an e-mail address of hers, but I didn't manage.
      I kindly ask you to tell me if you know any possibility to get in touch with
      her.
      Thank you very much in advance!
      Ovidiu IOAN, G�ttingen

    • Jia Jun
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
        I would suggest that you contact Professor Alice Mary Talbot at Dumbarton
        Oaks Institute about the contact particulars of Dr. Victoria Erhart(who was
        a former Fellow of Dumbarton Oaks, and an alumni of Catholic University of
        America, if I am not wrong about that).

        Kevin

      • MakhloufAM@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
          I suggest that you contact the Librarian of the Semitics Library/Institute of Christian Oriental Research, Dr Monica Blanchard, at  blanchard@...

          best wishes,

          Avril Makhlouf
        • ioan ovidiu
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
            Thank you very much. I've already got an e-mail of her from J.J. van Ginkel.
            I hope it will work. If not, your information will be of much use.
            Yours,
            Ovidiu IOAN, G�ttingen

            >From: "Jia Jun" <nuovocp2@...>
            >To: <hugoye-list@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: Re: [hugoye-list] About Victoria Erhart
            >Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 18:03:22 +0800
            >
            >I would suggest that you contact Professor Alice Mary Talbot at Dumbarton
            >Oaks Institute about the contact particulars of Dr. Victoria Erhart(who was
            >a former Fellow of Dumbarton Oaks, and an alumni of Catholic University of
            >America, if I am not wrong about that).
            >
            >Kevin

          • Kevin Robinson
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 5, 2004
              Hello Ioan

              I would be very interested to read your thesis once it is available.
              I have just completed an MA in Eastern Christianity at the School of
              Oriental and African studies in London. Much of the course featured the
              Assyrian Church of the East. I would consider progressing towards PhD.
              I am working as a Catholic Chaplain in a London Prison where we work
              very closely with the other faiths, and Christianity has to live side by
              side with a large Islamic population. There are important issues about
              appropriate limits to mission in today's world