[hugoye-l] VIIItum Symposium Syriacum

  • George Kiraz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 1999
      I have received the following from the University of Sydney:

      The University of Sydney, Department of Semitic Studies
      VIIItum Symposium Syriacum & VIth Conference on Christian Arabic Studies

      Prospect participants are asked to take note of the relevant dates and to
      indicate their intention of attending EITHER:
      1. The Eight International Congress for Syriac Studies (Monday 26 June -
      Friday 30th June 2000); AND/OR
      2. The Sixth International Conference on Christian Arabic Studies (Sunday
      2nd July - Wednesday 5th July 2000).

      The second announcement is scheduled for October 1999, when a call for
      papers will be made.

      The above will be held at the University of Sydney. Accommodation will be
      available in either University Residential Colleges (approx. AUD$65-75) or
      in commercial Hotel/Motel style rooms (approx. AUD$100-125). Exact tariffs
      will be advertised in the second announcement.

      For further info:
      Prof. R.Y. Ebeid
      Dept. of Semitic Studies
      The University of Sydney
      Sydney NSW 2006, Australia
      E-mail: Rifaat.Ebied@...
      tel. +61 2 9351 3530
      fax. +61 2 9351 6684

      ----------
      George Anton Kiraz, Ph.D.
      Language Modeling Research
      Bell Laboratories
      Lucent Technologies
      Room 2D-430
      700 Mountain Ave.
      Murray Hill, NJ 07974
      Tel. +1 908 582 4074
      Fax. +1 908 582 3306
      email: gkiraz@...-labs.com

      Bell Labs Text-to-Speech: http://www.bell-labs.com/project/tts
      Hugoye Journal: http://www.acad.cua.edu/syrcom/Hugoye

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/hugoye-list
    • George Kiraz
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 1999
        This message is a forward from Dr. Rifaat Ebeid regarding the upcoming
        Symposium. The information is in the attached file.

        George Kiraz

        Dear George,

        I trust that you are well. I have just returned to Sydney from an
        overses trip that took me to Mexico City, Utrecht, Paris, Brussels,
        Cambridge And Oxford (all work, of course!). I participated in the ARAM
        Conference which was held recently in Oxford.

        I am sending as an attachment a copy of the first circular regarding the
        forthcoming Symposia of Syriac and Christian Arabic Studies to be held
        in Sydney next year. I should be grateful if you could put it on the
        website/network of "Hugoye". This will ensure a wider circulation &
        publicity of the event. Please acknowledge receipt of this message.

        With best wishes.
        Rifaat
        --
        Professor Rifaat Ebied, FAHA