Re: January Beer Tastings - 1/12/2011

  • craigday2
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2011
      --- In hudsonvalleyhomebrewers@yahoogroups.com, "craigday2" <craigday2@...> wrote:

      > So far I heard from Mark Peffers and he will be bringing an Irish Red.
      > I will bring a Brown Ale, but I'll give up my spot if we have enough entries from other members.
      >
      > You can post here or email me craigday@... to let me know if you plan to bring beer to the meeting for sampling. If you know you are bringing something, but not sure what you can just let me know that.
      >
      > We are working on limiting the sampling and making it more organized so that the meeting flows better.
      >
      > Craig

      THanks for the replies and at this point here are the 5 beers for the January 12 meeting:
      Mark Peffers Irish Red Ale
      Tom Foster Christmas Ale
      Eric Kennett Pliny the Elder clone
      Ray Sykes Spontaneous Combustion
      Craig Day Spontaneous Combustion

      I switched my beer so that we can compare the differences in the way Ray's and my beer fermented. At the meeting I'll also try to get an update on where everyone else is with their share of Spontaneous Combustion.
    • craigday2
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2011
        Here are the beers that were slated for the January meeting.
        .
        Mark Peffers Irish Red Ale
        Tom Foster Christmas Ale
        Eric Kennett Pliny the Elder clone
        Ray Sykes Spontaneous Combustion
        Craig Day Spontaneous Combustion
        .
        I believe Mark is in California and Patrick Hennebery had previously contacted me about bringing a Belgian Ale.
        .
        Can each of you reply here or to me on craigday@... to let me know if you are still bringing your beer?
        Thanks,
        Craig
      • tom@folster.org
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2011
          Yes, I'm bringing the christmas ale

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2011
            YES, VIRGINIA, THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS!!!!

            BWSB