Next month's meeting

  • Callumb
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2010
      Hi All,
      I hope it's safe to say, that out of respect for Frankie and his many years
      of service to the club, we agreed to really take the officer nominations
      seriously, and decide on solutions for our next meeting. I proposed that we
      meet in February at Keegan Ales, to pretty good response.
      I left a message for Tommy Keegan today and I'll stop in and try and confirm
      Saturday afternoon. Unless there are major objections, I'll reserve
      Wednesday Feb 10th for our next meeting.
    • craigday2
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 15, 2010
        Callum,
        Thanks for initiating this thread. I will be there for sure and want to be involved in the discussion. I heard some people talk about a leadership committee and maybe something like that will be the answer at least short term.
        Craig

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 18, 2010
          Frankie,
          Here is the original post. It mentions a single meeting at Keegan and not an end of discussion permanent move there. I think the attitude is let's make a fresh start and Keegan has a better venue for discussion and was a very well attended meeting last year. Again I see the action not as disrespect, but instead as a note of shaking things up a little and encouraging change.
          As far as travel the Poughkeepsie area members make the journey each year to northern Dutchess for the picnic, I'm sure for an important, single meeting they can also find Kingson.
          As a relatively new member I want to thank you and the other officers for their work in maintaining the club for all these years. I do not see this as a takeover but instead as a sign that the newer members are stepping up and taking over responsibilities.
          Craig

          --- In hudsonvalleyhomebrewers@yahoogroups.com, "Callumb" <benepe@...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          > I hope it's safe to say, that out of respect for Frankie and his many years
          > of service to the club, we agreed to really take the officer nominations
          > seriously, and decide on solutions for our next meeting. I proposed that we
          > meet in February at Keegan Ales, to pretty good response.
          > I left a message for Tommy Keegan today and I'll stop in and try and confirm
          > Saturday afternoon. Unless there are major objections, I'll reserve
          > Wednesday Feb 10th for our next meeting.

        • Charlie Haight
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 18, 2010
            Spoken like a natural born leader. Craig for President!
          • hvhb1
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 18, 2010
              Forget it Charlie, I already tried that......