Extreme Brewing society ESB

  • stonewheel1
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 3 4:27 PM
      Who is interested in getting together to brew maybe once a month or so
      seeing in that the HVHB is more of a beer appreciation club and thats ok.
      But if you want to take it to the next pinnacle step over and join us.....
       Beer is a deep, wide river that flows through human culture.
      It appears along with the earliest signs of civilization,
      and is enjoyed and venerated in nearly every society
      with access to its makings.
       It's the stuff of legend, the muse of poets, the nectar of the gents.
      Strong beer, brilliant as topaz, sweet as dew,
      and dripping with the perfume of hops.
       Brew like a good shepherd, with billions of tiny creatures at your mercy.
      Brew as an act of benevolence. Brew like an artist, with your senses and whims
      Brew with balance. Brew with simplicity Brew with reckless abandon
      Brew with meaning Brew beer with all this in mind, and the world will remain an amazing place.

      If any of this strike a cord and you want have the best beer in the
                                     Hudson valley
                                   New York
                         Northeast
             United States
             The World
                       Then lets get started

                                                     stonewheel1@...

    • fflynn@optonline.net
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 3 8:22 PM

        Pardon me Raymond, Instead of branding the club as beer appreciation club, why not step up and fix what you think is broken. I have tried to get someone to take the presidency for years. You don't need an Extreme Brewing Society, just run for office, you can have this club. You are a good man with a good following. I do not think anyone would oppose you. Although I doubt the membership would let you change the name to. UGH. Frankie.
        > Who is interested in getting together to brew maybe once a month
        > or so
        > seeing in that the HVHB is more of a beer appreciation club and thats
        > ok.
        > But if you want to take it to the next pinnacle step over and join
        > us.....
        > Beer is a deep, wide river that flows through human culture.
        > It appears along with the earliest signs of civilization,
        > and is enjoyed and venerated in nearly every society
        > with access to its makings.
        > It's the stuff of legend, the muse of poets, the
        > nectar of the
        > gents.
        > Strong beer, brilliant as topaz, sweet as dew,
        > and dripping with the perfume of hops.
        > Brew like a good shepherd, with billions of tiny creatures
        > at your
        > mercy.
        > Brew as an act of benevolence. Brew like an artist, with
        > your senses
        > and whims
        > Brew with balance. Brew with simplicity Brew with reckless abandon
        > Brew with meaning Brew beer with all this in mind, and the world
        > will remain an amazing place.
        >
        > If any of this strike a cord and you want have the best beer in the
        > Hudson valley
        > New York
        > Northeast
        > United States
        > The World
        > Then lets get started
        >
        > stonewheel1@...

      • stonewheel1
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 4 4:23 AM
          I m just looking for people who want to brew together there are a lot of people who dont brew because of personal and time constraints and that ok, There are also people who need to be inspired and dust off there equipment. ESB is not breakoff faction  in fact it just excuse for people to brew together and maybe it will inrich the club I think HVHB has the word Homebrew in it. I appretiate all You , Charlie and countless others have done.and I thank you for doing a thank less Job, If I can get a few people to get togheter to brew once or so a month then I see it a positive asset
          --- In hudsonvalleyhomebrewers@yahoogroups.com, fflynn@... wrote:

          > Pardon me Raymond, Instead of branding the club as beer appreciation club, why not step up and fix what you think is broken. I have tried to get someone to take the presidency for years. You don't need an Extreme Brewing Society, just run for office, you can have this club. You are a good man with a good following. I do not think anyone would oppose you. Although I doubt the membership would let you change the name to. UGH. Frankie.

        • cehaight3
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 4 5:05 AM
            I agree Ray. I am one of those people that just has not had time lately to brew, but I love the idea of group brews and will do my best to participate.

            --- In hudsonvalleyhomebrewers@yahoogroups.com, "stonewheel1" <stonewheel1@...> wrote:

            > I m just looking for people who want to brew together there are a lot of
            > people who dont brew because of personal and time constraints and that
            > ok, There are also people who need to be inspired and dust off there
            > equipment. ESB is not breakoff faction in fact it just excuse for
            > people to brew together and maybe it will inrich the club I think HVHB
            > has the word Homebrew in it. I appretiate all You , Charlie and
            > countless others have done.and I thank you for doing a thank less Job,
            > If I can get a few people to get togheter to brew once or so a month
            > then I see it a positive asset
            > --- In hudsonvalleyhomebrewers@yahoogroups.com, fflynn@ wrote:
            > >

            > > Pardon me Raymond, Instead of branding the club as beer appreciation
            > club, why not step up and fix what you think is broken. I have tried to
            > get someone to take the presidency for years. You don't need an Extreme
            > Brewing Society, just run for office, you can have this club. You are a
            > good man with a good following. I do not think anyone would oppose you.
            > Although I doubt the membership would let you change the name to. UGH.
            > Frankie.

          • David Sherfey
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 4 11:02 AM
              I'm with you, Ray. I like the idea - it's just that my equipment is not
              the most portable. In fact it's NOT portable!

              -David

              stonewheel1 wrote:

              > I m just looking for people who want to brew together there are a lot of
              > people who dont brew because of personal and time constraints and that
              > ok, There are also people who need to be inspired and dust off there
              > equipment. ESB is not breakoff faction in fact it just excuse for
              > people to brew together and maybe it will inrich the club I think _HVHB_
              > has the word_ Homebrew_ in it. I appretiate all You , Charlie and
              > countless others have done.and I thank you for doing a thank less Job,
              > If I can get a few people to get togheter to brew once or so a month
              > then I see it a positive asset
              > --- In hudsonvalleyhomebrewers@yahoogroups.com, fflynn@... wrote:
              > >

              > > Pardon me Raymond, Instead of branding the club as beer appreciation
              > club, why not step up and fix what you think is broken. I have tried to
              > get someone to take the presidency for years. You don't need an Extreme
              > Brewing Society, just run for office, you can have this club. You are a
              > good man with a good following. I do not think anyone would oppose you.
              > Although I doubt the membership would let you change the name to. UGH.
              > Frankie.

            • Ray Sykes
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 1, 2009

                Whos branding the club its just an observation that some one pointed to me at the last club meeting and was makin a haha about.Besides I dont want to step on Als toes Also youl see in my next post im putting toghether a club event in the spirit of homebrewing

                Pardon me Raymond, Instead of branding the club as beer appreciation club, why not step up and fix what you think is broken. I have tried to get someone to take the presidency for years. You don't need an Extreme Brewing Society, just run for office, you can have this club. You are a good man with a good following. I do not think anyone would oppose you. Although I doubt the membership would let you change the name to. UGH. Frankie.
                > Who is interested in getting together to brew maybe once a month
                > or so
                > seeing in that the HVHB is more of a beer appreciation club and thats
                > ok.
                > But if you want to take it to the next pinnacle step over and join
                > us.....
                > Beer is a deep, wide river that flows through human culture.
                > It appears along with the earliest signs of civilization,
                > and is enjoyed and venerated in nearly every society
                > with access to its makings.
                > It's the stuff of legend, the muse of poets, the
                > nectar of the
                > gents.
                > Strong beer, brilliant as topaz, sweet as dew,
                > and dripping with the perfume of hops.
                > Brew like a good shepherd, with billions of tiny creatures
                > at your
                > mercy.
                > Brew as an act of benevolence. Brew like an artist, with
                > your senses
                > and whims
                > Brew with balance. Brew with simplicity Brew with reckless abandon
                > Brew with meaning Brew beer with all this in mind, and the world
                > will remain an amazing place.
                >
                > If any of this strike a cord and you want have the best beer in the
                > Hudson valley
                > New York
                > Northeast
                > United States
                > The World
                > Then lets get started
                >
                > stonewheel1@ yahoo.com

              • Ray Sykes
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 1, 2009

                  Spontaneous combustion

                  The plot: 40+ gallons of beer split among the brewers.The beer is brought home. fermenter is left open the local yeasts take control of your effort and take you down a thrilling  path to the unknown. Are you such a brewer?
                  Also a 5 gallon recipe can be brewed  at your house or if we have a big response along side the the big batch .A 5 gallon as well as the 40 gallon recipe will follow

                  The Scene: Party Creations/ . and or your house.
                  Thank you Gloria  and Bruce

                  The Time: November 7th 10 am teach your friend to homebrew day
                  http://www.beertown.org/events/teach/index.html

                  more details to follow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...........

                • charles
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 1, 2009
                    I'm in!! I want to know if the critters in my house can make good beer or bad beer. Either way it will be fun.

                    --- In hudsonvalleyhomebrewers@yahoogroups.com, Ray Sykes <stonewheel1@...> wrote:

                    > Spontaneous combustion
                    > The plot:40+ gallons of beer split among the brewers.The beer is brought home. fermenter is left open the local yeasts take control of your effort and take you down a thrilling path to the unknown. Are you such a brewer?
                    > Also a 5 gallon recipe can be brewed at your house or if we have a big response along side the the big batch .A 5 gallon as well as the 40 gallon recipe will follow
                    >
                    > The Scene:Party Creations/ . and or your house.
                    > Thank you Gloria and Bruce
                    >

                    > The Time:November 7th 10 am teach your friend to homebrew day
                    > http://www.beertown.org/events/teach/index.html
                    >

                    > more details to follow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...........

                  • Ray Sykes
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 1, 2009

                      Spontaneous combustion

                      Spontaneous combustion 40 gallon

                      Brew Type: Partial MashDate: 11/7/2009
                      Style: Flanders Red AleBrewer: HVHB
                      Batch Size: 40.00 galAssistant Brewer: Ray sykes
                      Boil Volume: 45.79 galBoil Time: 60 min
                      Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %Equipment: My Equipment
                      Actual Efficiency: 0.00
                      Taste Rating (50 possible points): 35.0

                      Ingredients
                      AmountItemType% or IBU
                      33.00 lbPilsner Liquid Extract (3.5 SRM)Extract40.24 %
                      33.00 lbWheat Liquid Extract (8.0 SRM)Extract40.24 %
                      4.00 lbBarley, Raw (2.0 SRM)Grain4.88 %
                      4.00 lbCorn, Flaked (1.3 SRM)Grain4.88 %
                      4.00 lbWheat, Flaked (1.6 SRM)Grain4.88 %
                      2.00 lbCaramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM)Grain2.44 %
                      2.00 lbSpecial B Malt (180.0 SRM)Grain2.44 %
                      6.00 ozMagnum [9.00 %] (60 min)Hops21.2 IBU
                      1 PkgsMy Yeast Culture (your )Yeast-Ale

                      Beer Profile
                      Estimated Original Gravity: 1.069 SG (1.042-1.060 SG)Measured Original Gravity: 1.010 SG
                      Estimated Final Gravity: 1.020 SG (1.008-1.016 SG)Measured Final Gravity: 1.005 SG
                      Estimated Color: 12.4 SRM (10.0-16.0 SRM)Color [Color]
                      Bitterness: 21.2 IBU (14.0-25.0 IBU)Alpha Acid Units: 54.0 AAU
                      Estimated Alcohol by Volume: 6.45 % (4.00-5.80 %)Actual Alcohol by Volume: 0.65 %
                      Actual Calories: 43 cal/pint

                      Mash Profile
                      Name: Single Infusion, Full BodyMash Tun Weight: 0.00 lb
                      Mash Grain Weight: 16.00 lbMash PH: 5.4 PH
                      Grain Temperature: 72.0 FSparge Temperature: 168.0 F
                      Sparge Water: 40.71 galAdjust Temp for Equipment: FALSE

                    • Ray Sykes
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 1, 2009

                        Spontaneous combustion 5 gallon

                        Spontaneous combustion

                        Spontaneous combustion

                        Brew Type: Partial MashDate: 11/7/2009
                        Style: Flanders Red AleBrewer: HVHB
                        Batch Size: 5.00 galAssistant Brewer: Ray sykes
                        Boil Volume: 5.72 galBoil Time: 60 min
                        Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %Equipment: My Equipment
                        Actual Efficiency: 0.00
                        Taste Rating (50 possible points): 35.0

                        Ingredients
                        AmountItemType% or IBU
                        4.13 lbPilsner Liquid Extract (3.5 SRM)Extract40.24 %
                        4.13 lbWheat Liquid Extract (8.0 SRM)Extract40.24 %
                        0.50 lbBarley, Raw (2.0 SRM)Grain4.88 %
                        0.50 lbCorn, Flaked (1.3 SRM)Grain4.88 %
                        0.50 lbWheat, Flaked (1.6 SRM)Grain4.88 %
                        0.25 lbCaramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM)Grain2.44 %
                        0.25 lbSpecial B Malt (180.0 SRM)Grain2.44 %
                        0.75 ozMagnum [9.00 %] (60 min)Hops21.2 IBU
                        0 PkgsMy Yeast Culture (your )Yeast-Ale

                        Beer Profile
                        Estimated Original Gravity: 1.069 SG (1.042-1.060 SG)Measured Original Gravity: 1.010 SG
                        Estimated Final Gravity: 1.020 SG (1.008-1.016 SG)Measured Final Gravity: 1.005 SG
                        Estimated Color: 12.4 SRM (10.0-16.0 SRM)Color [Color]
                        Bitterness: 21.2 IBU (14.0-25.0 IBU)Alpha Acid Units: 6.8 AAU
                        Estimated Alcohol by Volume: 6.45 % (4.00-5.80 %)Actual Alcohol by Volume: 0.65 %
                        Actual Calories: 43 cal/pint

                        Mash Profile
                        Name: Single Infusion, Full BodyMash Tun Weight: 0.00 lb
                        Mash Grain Weight: 2.00 lbMash PH: 5.4 PH
                        Grain Temperature: 72.0 FSparge Temperature: 168.0 F
                        Sparge Water: 5.09 galAdjust Temp for Equipment: FALSE

                        NameDescriptionStep TempStep Time
                        Mash InAdd 2.50 qt of water at 170.5 F158.0 F45 min
                        Mash OutAdd 1.00 qt of water at 196.6 F168.0 F10 min

                        Mash Notes
                        Simple single infusion mash for use with most modern well modified grains (about 95% of the time).
                        Carbonation and Storage
                        Carbonation Type: Corn SugarCarbonation Volumes: 2.4 (2.2-2.8 vols)
                        Estimated Priming Weight: 3.8 ozTemperature at Bottling: 60.0 F
                        Primer Used: -Age for: 25.0 Weeks
                        Storage Temperature: 52.0 F

                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 1, 2009

                          Spontaneous combustion

[...]

                          Mash InAdd 20.00 qt of water at 170.5 F158.0 F45 min
                          Mash OutAdd 8.00 qt of water at 196.6 F168.0 F10 min

                        • Ray Sykes
                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 1, 2009
                            Can you send out a mass e-mail to members

                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 1, 2009
                              Actually Dann,Callum or John Rudy would handle that as my database is not current.  Could one of you guys take care of this. FF