Re: [NYCHA Queensbridge] VERIFICATION Hot water outages

  • angela gray
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2004
      >Ray Normandeau <ray60273@...> wrote:There have been complaints from TWO >tenants who allege that they were
      >out of hot water for three WEEKS except for about one hour each day.
      >
      >What we find strange about this, is that at the time we were NOT
      >hearing any complaints.
      >
      >Does any one in this Group know anything about this?
      >
      >If this compalint can be substantiated, it may be possible to get a
      >rent abatement [refund].

      I can say that I too had several days of no hot water, but I can't remember what the dates are, but I believe it was during the last 2nd and 3rd week of June. Not only 4007but 4006, 4003 and a few other buildings. I know that I did not have no hot for 3 weeks straight.

      Thanks
    • Ray Normandeau
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2004
        --- In hudnycha@yahoogroups.com, angela gray <grayad7500@y...> wrote:

        > I can say that I too had several days of no hot water, but I can't
        remember what the dates are, but I believe it was during the last 2nd
        and 3rd week of June. Not only 4007but 4006, 4003 and a few other
        buildings. I know that I did not have no hot for 3 weeks straight.

        What we can't figure out is why there wasn't a lot of complaints from
        the people who had outages for three weeks.

        No one complained at the Tenant Association meeting. Usually a
        representatibe from at least one politician's office attends. Don't
        count on Assemblywoman Cathy Nolan tho, she is afraid to make waves.

        The http://www.Queensbridge.us
        site now has a link to send Email to the NYCHA Chairman, AND YOU GET
        A RECEIPT.

        If enuff people get together the problem can get on YV and in
        newspapers.

        One complaint that the Chair got he sent to the Queens District
        office, but the Queens Ditrict office boss, Michael Cornelius LIED.
        We know because we got a letter from him after we complained to the
        Chair.

        With enough of these cover-ups from the Queens District office it
        should be even easiet to get press coverage.

        Do you have any idea why not more people complained about the hot
        water outages???????????