Statement

  • twinkdog2
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2003
      Ray Normandeau states the following quote:

      "Police don't properly respond to quality of life complaints."

      I am very disappointed in Ray's ignorance regarding this statement.
      As a Law Enforcement Officer who remains highly visible within the
      Queensbridge Developments, I can honestly state that I can't
      remember ever receiving a call from Ray or his wife. Nor can I
      remember Ray giving us credit for taking guns/crack/marijuana,
      persons wanted for Robbery/Murder/Assault/Burglary, or just staying
      highly visible within the Queensbridge developments. Quality of
      Life complaints are now reported thru the new 311 System, from what
      I understand.
    • Ray Normandeau
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2003
        --- In hudnycha@yahoogroups.com, "twinkdog2" <twinkdog2@y...> wrote:
        I can honestly state that I can't
        > remember ever receiving a call from Ray or his wife.

        How could you? We try to avoid calling the record room or any other
        number not available to the general public even tho we may have been
        invited to do so, as we are not seeking special treatment.

        Due to NYCPD ANI [E911} use we normally would not use a phone line
        that would reveal full ID info. Most of our calls such as for shots
        fired etc are placed in such a way that we don't have to worry about
        ANI. The PSAP dispatchers sometimes give out the full ANI info over
        the air without good cause. The bad guys may hear this either due to
        proximity to units' radios in the field or via scanners.

        We may have mentioned a complaint to Captain Howard but that was only
        because we were by coincidence sitting at the same table and
        complaint was mentioned in casual conversation. He was not sought out
        to make a complaint.

        Nor can I
        > remember Ray giving us credit for taking guns/crack/marijuana,
        > persons wanted for Robbery/Murder/Assault/Burglary, or just staying
        > highly visible within the Queensbridge developments.

        You are welcome [and indeed invited] to post such info here yourself.

        Quality of
        > Life complaints are now reported thru the new 311 System, from what
        > I understand.

        That may be correct, we have given up on quality of life complaints.
        Most of our calls are for shots fired.