Helping and Protecting Families and Children

  • parentsinaction1
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2010
      Family Preservation Services

      Parenting Skills (7 weeks: 14 hours)

      Tuesday: 10am-12pm

      Friday: 7pm-9pm

      Saturday: 7pm-9pm

      Parenting Skills with Special Needs (10 weeks: 20 hours)

      Thursday: 10am-12pm

      Saturday 5pm-7pm

      Anger Management/Conflict Resolution (12 weeks: 24 hours)

      Monday: 7pm-9pm

      Thursday: 12pm-2pm

      Domestic Violence (16 weeks: 32 hours)

      Thursday: 8am-10am

      Thursday: 7pm-9pm

      Individual Counseling (English or Spanish)

      Call 718-713-6488 for Appointment

      Family Therapy (English or Spanish)

      Call 718-713-6488 for Appointment

      We also have a Circle of Support for Parents that is voluntary and meets
      every Saturday from 3pm to 5pm. We do encourage parents to participate
      in those meetings to team with other parents and get help from each
      other and also from our Family Preservation Advocates (we used to call
      them Parent Advocates). Our office acquired 12 computers with fast
      Internet access to help our parents empower themselves by writing their
      stories, monitoring their court cases through eCourts in the web, and
      being proactive about their cases, etc. This is done when they come our
      the Circle of Support for Parents.

      All programs are ongoing and new students can join any time as long as
      there is space available. They need to complete all Modules, and if they
      miss a class, they need to make up that specific class in order to
      receive their Certificate of Completion. We offer all programs in
      English and Spanish.

      We charge for all our Family Preservation Services, but we do have a
      sliding fee scale if the person is in real need. If that is the case, we
      require proof. of income (except for Individual Counseling and Family
      Therapy, that we do not offer discounts). Also couples or members of the
      same family attending the same type of program get a discount.

      The best way to refer us a new student is by email by including the name
      of the client, the services needed, and a telephone contact number. Of
      course your contact number, including fax number is useful. If you have
      any questions, or if you prefer to make the referal over the phone, feel
      free to call us at 718-713-6488.

      We are located at:

      37-53 90 Street, 2nd floor

      Jackson Heights, NY 11372

      If using public transportation, we are right off the 90 Street Stop of
      train 7 in Queens, right in front of an Associated Supermarket. If
      coming by train from Manhattan (going East), exit on the left hand side
      forward stair of the train station. Our Building is the 90TH STREET
      OFFICE PLAZA and has a Red Canvas on the sidewalk. We are located
      between Roosevelt Avenue and 37 Avenue, close to the corner of Roosevelt
      Avenue.

      Sincerely

      Rolando Bini – Executive Director

      Parents in Action