Discussion Groups & Surveys: Your input is needed to help the Elmezzi Foundation

  • a.ongoco
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2009
      Dear LIC/Astoria Residents of 11101, 11102 & 11106:

      Greetings from the Elmezzi Foundation/Project 126! I hope you had a happy and healthy Thanksgiving! Dropping you a note to remind you of two things you should participate in since it will influence our funding decisions for 2010-2011: (1) Discussion Groups and (2) Community Survey (scroll down!)

      For more information about the Elmezzi Foundation, check out: www.elmezzi.org.

      Your neighbor,

      Angela Ongoco
      Project 126 Director
      Elmezzi Foundation
      aongoco@...
      718-213-8600

      (1) Discussion Groups

      Monday, November 30

      6:30 pm – Crime & Safety @ Elmezzi Office (39-08 29th Street)
      8:00 pm – Youth Development @ Elmezzi Office (39-08 29th Street) – Youth are Invited

      Tuesday, December 1

      2:00 pm – Children & Families @ LIC Library, 2nd Floor, Room A (37-44 21st Street)
      3:30 pm – Health & Nutrition @ LIC Library, 2nd Floor, Room A (37-44 21st Street)
      6:00 pm – Housing @ Elmezzi Office (39-08 29th Street)
      7:30 pm – Jobs & Economy @ Elmezzi Office (39-08 29th Street)

      Wednesday, December 2

      6:30 pm – Social Services @ Elmezzi Office (39-08 29th Street)
      8:00 pm – Crime & Safety @ Elmezzi Office (39-08 29th Street)

      Saturday, December 5

      12 noon – Arts & Culture @ LIC Library, 2nd Floor, Room B (37-44 21st Street) - En español
      1:30 pm – Education @ LIC Library, 2nd Floor, Room B (37-44 21st Street)
      3:00 pm – Faith-based Engagement @ LIC Library, 2nd Floor, Room B (37-44 21st Street)

      Monday, December 7

      6:00 pm – Jobs & Economy @ Elmezzi Office (39-08 29th Street)
      7:30 pm – Housing @ Elmezzi Office (39-08 29th Street)

      Tuesday, December 8

      2:00 pm – Health & Nutrition @ LIC Library, 2nd Floor, Room A (37-44 21st Street)
      3:30 pm – Children & Families @ LIC Library, 2nd Floor, Room A (37-44 21st Street)
      6:00 pm – Education @ Elmezzi Office (39-08 29th Street)
      7:00 pm – Faith-based Engagement @ Elmezzi Office (39-08 29th Street)

      Wednesday, December 9

      6:30 pm – Youth Development @ Elmezzi Office (39-08 29th Street) – Youth are invited!
      8:00 pm – Social Services @ Elmezzi Office (39-08 29th Street)

      Refreshments will be served. Please RSVP for Discussion Groups:

      Christina Guros, Project 126 Coordinator
      Elmezzi Foundation
      cguros@...
      347-455-3804

      (2) Community Survey (http://tiny.cc/p126)

      The "Project 126 Assessment" Survey is a rare chance for over 4,000 residents of zip codes 11101, 11102 and 11106 to voice their hopes and concerns for the communities in which they live. As this survey is designed by the Elmezzi Foundation, the results of this survey will not result simply in charts and graphs, but will result in real decisions about where money for services will go in 2010-2011.

      For the past three months, our team has been going door to door in Long Island City and Astoria to make sure those without access to the internet were able to give their input. It is now time to ask you to take 20 minutes to share with us your personal experience. Simply click the link: http://tiny.cc/p126, follow the directions, and answer honestly.

      Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!

      Link to Community Survey: http://tiny.cc/p126