hello

  • nanetteraymanrivera
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2008
      I would like to know if anyone is having problems with heat ALREADY
      this year? We live in Isaacs and this is the 5th year we don't get
      heat most of the time, while our next door neighbors do.

      I am considering taking money off the rent this year.

      Nanette and Jose Rivera

      no heat today in a.m. - 38 degrees
      no heat now - 6: oo pm - 44 degrees

      http://nychasucks.blogspot.com
    • MzRenee@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
        I'm in Brooklyn and this year there seems to be a problem.? They did repairs recently but heat was better last year.? Why not buy portable heaters for all of your rooms and deduct it from your rent? Put management on notice first.? I had to do that one year for my bedroom.

        I would like to know if anyone is having problems with heat ALREADY
        this year? We live in Isaacs and this is the 5th year we don't get
        heat most of the time, while our next door neighbors do.

        I am considering taking money off the rent this year.

        Nanette and Jose Rivera

        no heat today in a.m. - 38 degrees
        no heat now - 6: oo pm - 44 degrees

        http://nychasucks.blogspot.com

        Post all your NYCHA event notices and complaints
        Tell your friends

        To stop getting Group Email go to "Edit My Membership" at WWW site.
        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • nanetteraymanrivera
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
          Hi Renee,

          we already got someone from Urban Justice Center to write a letter to
          management two months ago, putting them on alert and STILL, no heat.
          While other lines have too much. This is the 6th season. They are
          assholes.

          Portable heaters blow out the fuses. That's the problem. I am not
          paying my rent yet in November. Going to see what happens. They are
          beyond the bounds of the law. If a letter from an official doesn't do
          it, then NO RENT might do it.

          And the stupid idiots who work in the call center should be fired and
          they should give me a job. At least I speak correct English and
          understand that if someone curses they have a right to after 6 years of
          this crap/

          ISAACS sucks, Hernandez sucks, Bloomberg sucks.

          But then again, a management company who doesn't throw out a neighbor
          who almost takes my door off the hinges because I told her to shut up,
          surely won't give us heat even though it's the legal thing to do. And
          they have the balls to send out flyers saying there SHOULD BE HEAT.
          NYCHA rots from the head down.

          nanette

        • MzRenee@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
            Hi Nanette,

            I've been using a portable heater in my bedroom for at least five years now.? During the cold months I keep it on nonstop, never turning it off, and it doesn't blow my fuses.? I'm using the one that looks like a radiator and so far it's? been pretty safe.

            Even if you withhold your rent, you are still going to need heat.? You should try to find one that won't blow your fuses so you can at least be warm.

            Don't let NYCHA drive you insane.? Do what you have to do for you and keep it moving. They will eventually have to answer!

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
              Hi Renee,

              Thanks. But we had one of those and the fuse blew out. This apartment
              is a piece of crap.

              I'll see what I can do.

            • ray60273
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 4, 2008
                --- In hudnycha@yahoogroups.com, nanetteraymanrivera <no_reply@...> wrote:
                > Hi Renee,
                >
                > Thanks. But we had one of those and the fuse blew out.

                If you have an air conditioner outlet, that would be best place to
                plug it in.
              • nanetteraymanrivera
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 4, 2008
                  Hi Ray,