      From, Lynda Carson

      See toll-free numbers below that have been floating around to contact the congressional switchboard in Washington to reach your so-called representative!

      Congressional Switchboard - TOLL-FREE NUMBERS - 1-800-659-9562 --- 1-877-210-5351 --  1-877-762-8762 or 1-866-338-1015 maybe> 1-888-659-9401 -- " 1-877-762-8762 or 1-800-826-3688 "

      On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 12:31 PM, "GrayPanthersBerk@..." <GrayPanthersBerk@...> wrote:

      From: Harry Brill <harry.brill@...>
      Date: Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 10:44 AM
      Subject: Petition: No grand bargain
      Hi All,
         It is very important that you sign the petition below by Senator Bernie Sanders to prevent cuts in Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.  You probably read that the recently announced cost of living increase for Social Security recipients is only 1.5%.  Yet President Obama, many Democrats and Republicans are supporting a measure that would reduce the cost of living index even more! With regard to Medicare, among the proposals is to increase premiums and to raise the age of eligibility.
         The poverty rate in America is about twice as high as in Europe. The reason is that the safety net in this country is much thinner than in many industrialized countries elsewhere.  Curtailing these program will increase the poverty rate even more.  So sign this petition and pass it on to others to do so as well.  Also phone elected officials and let them know that the purpose of government is certainly NOT to reduce our standard of living, which is already declining.
       Join us at our Tax the Rich rally on Mondays, 4-5pm near the top of Solano Avenue (rain cancels rally).
         Peace & Good Health,
        Harry Brill, East Bay Tax the Rich Coalition
        I'm Bernie Sanders, United States senator from Vermont, and, along with the organization Social Security Works, I started a petition to the United States House of Representatives, the United States Senate, and President Barack Obama, which says:
      No grand bargain in exchange for cuts to Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid benefits.
      Sincerely,
      U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders