SignOut from Client side.....

  • Mahendran.V...
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 11:47 PM
      Hi,

      For the Signout from one particular server,
      now client has to click one link or button ie he has
      to trigger some thing and the action will go to Server
      and corresponding program will expire the Session.

      For Ex,

      Take a browser as a client and WebLogic server as a
      server which is supporting java.
      now client is entering to mymail page using Login and
      password.this time Webserver will create a Session id
      for this client like this

      HttpServletRequest.getSession(true);

      In the Response header ,the Server will add a header
      Set-Cookie:JSESSIONID="some value created at that
      time"
      like this.

      for subsequent requests from the client, the browser
      will set request header like this

      Cookie:JSESSIONID="some value created at that time"
      (value is what he received from previos response).

      if client wants to SignOut from the Server he has to
      click some link or button and for the corresponding
      request , the server will expire the Session id in the
      server like this
      HttpSesson.invalidate();

      and it wont send any Session id in the Set-Cookie this
      time.

      What my suggestion at this point is,
      ------------------------------------

      if we introduce a Header(Belongs to Request) name
      called SIGNOUT then client wants to SignOut,Browser
      can set this Header SIGNOUT and the value of TRUE and
      Server can easily identify that this request
      is for logout.

      we can introduce three new features in the Browser
      1.Browser has a option to send Request with SIGNOUT
      header,if client chooses.
      2.Browser has to send a Request with SIGNOUT header,if
      client changes the URL name(to other server)
      in the Address link.
      3.Broser has to send a Request with SIGNOUT header, if
      client closes the Browser
      (these is no any other browser window opened with
      the same URL)

      Using this Idea,we can build better communication
      between Client and Server .

      plz correct me ,if i am wrong.

      Regards
      Mahendran