Persistent connection, pipeling in HTTP 1.0 and 1.1 - questions

  • Lukasz P
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2002
      Hi all,

      My english is weak but I will try explain you my problem...
      I'm writing program which can analyse HTTP 1.0 and 1.1 protocols (for
      example what is faster...HTTP 1.1 or HTTP 1.0, what is
      better...pipeling+persistent or
      only persitent etc). I must have a client, programme. A client tries to
      connect with normal web server. I need a programme that use HTTP protocol
      and user can influence HTTP and TCP protocols (special options in program) :
      - enable, disable pipelining in HTTP 1.1
      - to choose HTTP protocol (1.1 or 1.0) (this is in Internet Explorer 5, I
      know)
      -enable, disable persistent connection in HTTP 1.0 (keep-alive)
      -to choose amount TCP sesions (persistent connection in HTTP 1.1 only in one
      TCP sesions, two, free... sesions TCP) (it is in Internet Explorer 4,5, I
      know about it)

      Can you help me? Do you know software where this options are possible? Maybe
      do you know websites with this problems?

      Thanks for help :)
      I would be really gratefull.

      luke