Re: HTTP events at www6 conference?

  • Larry Masinter
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 1997
      Unfortunately, IETF (Memphis) and WWW6 (Santa Clara) are the same
      week. (In this case, WWW6 was scheduled after IETF). I'm hoping to
      schedule the IETF HTTP meeting on Monday.

      Larry
    • Larry Masinter
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 1997
        I hate to waste WG bandwidth on this, but I goofed in my last message.
        What I meant to say was:

        The date of the IETF meeting in Memphis was chosen AFTER the date of
        the WWW6 conference had been established. This particular scheduling
        conflict is not WWW6's fault.

        We're hoping to schedule the IETF HTTP and WEBDAV meetings on Monday
        so that those who need or want to attend WWW6 or HyperText '97 later
        in the same week may be able to do so.

        Regards,

        Larry
      • Dave Kristol
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 1997
          > I've been browsing the WWW6 conference site
          >
          > http://www6conf.slac.stanford.edu/
          >
          > Depending on which page you believe, the deadline for proposing developer's
          > day events is either today (3 Feb) or Friday (7 feb). Has anybody contacted
          > the conference people about some HTTP related event? This may be a good
          > occasion to make publicity for HTTP/1.1.
          >
          > I think we should spend some time discussing the future of HTTP at www6.
          > I'm thinking about a BOF, but if someone wants to put together something
          > more formal like a forum, that would be OK with me.

          Slightly off-topic, but...

          The organizers of WWW6 have created a minor problem: it is exactly
          concurrent with the April IETF meeting (in Memphis). There's also,
          simultaneously, a major HTML conference in the U.K. (if I remember
          correctly). I would expect many of the best exponents for HTTP/1.1
          to be elsewhere than WWW6.

          Dave Kristol