HTTP 1.0 and 1.1 Compliance Testing

  • François Gournay
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2002
      We have developed an HTTP Proxy and I need to test that it is HTTP 1.0
      and 1.1 compliant. Is there any automated tool to do this?
      Thanx in advance.
      --
      Francois Gournay
      Nextenso Customer Documentation
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2002
        François,

        I'm not aware of any generic tool available for testing HTTP/1.x
        compliance, but I would like to point out that there are some aspects of
        HTTP/1.1 that are rarely exercised by web browsers. Pipelining is
        probably the number one feature mis-implemented by proxy servers and
        origin servers claiming HTTP/1.1 compliance. Support for TE is probably
        another less-frequently exercised HTTP/1.1 feature. The Mozilla browser
        (http://www.mozilla.org) includes experimental pipelining support, but
        you'll have to enable it manually (see "Edit : Preferences : Advanced :
        HTTP Networking").

        <rant>
        I really wish the HTTP/1.1 spec included a way for servers to negotiate
        support for pipelining. In the current world there is unfortunately
        little hope for a web browser to enable pipelining by default :-(
        </rant>

        Darin

        François Gournay wrote:

        >We have developed an HTTP Proxy and I need to test that it is HTTP 1.0
        >and 1.1 compliant. Is there any automated tool to do this?
        >Thanx in advance.
        >--
        >Francois Gournay
        >Nextenso Customer Documentation
        >Tel : 33 1 55 59 38 08 Fax : 33 1 55 59 37 37

      • Gayathri Ramakrishnan
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 5, 2002
          Hi,

          We have a fully automated HTTP Complaince Test Tool, designed
          to carry out both 1.0 and 1.1 specific tests on a HTTP Proxy
          and thereby determine the level of compliance.

          If you need further details about the tool, please send us an
          email.

          Thanks,
          Gayathri

          We Pause, to soar higher
          Visit: http://cdn.hcltech.com

          François Gournay wrote:

          > We have developed an HTTP Proxy and I need to test that it is HTTP 1.0
          > and 1.1 compliant. Is there any automated tool to do this?
          > Thanx in advance.
          > --
          > Francois Gournay
          > Nextenso Customer Documentation
          > Tel : 33 1 55 59 38 08 Fax : 33 1 55 59 37 37

        • Alex Rousskov
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 6, 2002
            For the record: Co-Advisor, another fully automated HTTP complaince
            test suite is available at http://coad.measurement-factory.com/
            You can use the on-line interface or get software/appliance package
            for in-house tests.

            Alex.

            On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Gayathri Ramakrishnan wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > We have a fully automated HTTP Complaince Test Tool, designed
            > to carry out both 1.0 and 1.1 specific tests on a HTTP Proxy
            > and thereby determine the level of compliance.
            >
            > If you need further details about the tool, please send us an
            > email.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Gayathri
            >
            > We Pause, to soar higher
            > Visit: http://cdn.hcltech.com
            >

            > François Gournay wrote:
            >

            > > We have developed an HTTP Proxy and I need to test that it is HTTP 1.0
            > > and 1.1 compliant. Is there any automated tool to do this?
            > > Thanx in advance.
            > > --
            > > Francois Gournay
            > > Nextenso Customer Documentation
            > > Tel : 33 1 55 59 38 08 Fax : 33 1 55 59 37 37

          • shivkumartv
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 7, 2003
              HI gayathri,

              can you send me details about the HTTP complaince test tool, I am
              planning to test my proxy with it, I am specifically looking at
              security issues related to HTTP

              thanks

              shiv
              --- In http-compliance@yahoogroups.com, Gayathri Ramakrishnan