Re: Why is it doing that

  • raidermp
    Message 1 of 2601 , Jan 2, 1999
      I just stopped by and checked things out. I take
      it you want the pages to load into the right side of
      your page? If so, double check the way your main
      (index on my site at angelfire) page is set up with the
      HTML code. If you want the page to open in the right
      side, make sure the name you are using as your
      <TARGET> tag is named PARENT as it is in your menu page.
      If you use "_blank", you get a new window. "_self"
      usually makes it open in the same frame the link is in
      (should be your menu frame), "_parent" will load into the
      links parent frameset. "_top" will load into the full
      window, overriding all existing frames. <br>The links all
      opened up into new windows, but they were all small and
      hidden behind the ad banner. Once I closed the add
      banner, I could maximize them. <br>If you want the window
      to pop up and be visible, use try <A
      HREF="xxx.html" TARGET="_blank" onClick="window.open('xxxx.html',
      '', 'height=###,width=###');">. This should solve
      your problem.
    • webmasternow_com
      Message 2601 of 2601 , Apr 17 11:23 PM
        --- In htmlresources2@y..., njdude65 wrote:
        > How can I make text boxes, drop-down lists, etc
        > match the height of my text? Right now there is a page
        > which has smaller labels for the controls, and the
        > comparatively huge text in the controls looks awful. I'm sure
        > this is basic -- I've spent too much time on the
        > advanced database stuff to figure out some of the more
        > simple things :)<br><br>Dude

        Use CSS to make a class attribute. Then use that attribute in your
        form elements. In this example I use bolding, and shrink form
        elements, such as button, and text boxes. I left the last text box
        untouched, for a quick comparison.

        <!-- .link { font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #000000} body {
        font-family: -->

        <form><input TYPE="BUTTON" VALUE="WebmasterNow.com",
        STYLE="font-size:8pt; font-weight: bold"
        ONCLICK="window.location.href='http://www.WebmasterNow.com'"
        class="link"></form>

        <form class="link">
        <select size="1" class="link">
        </select>

        <input type=text class="link">
        <input type=text>
        </form>

        Notice the class attributes in both form and select - this is needed
        for cross browser compatibility. I needed both to work on NS 4.7, NS
        6.2 and IE 6

        Regards,
        Jim Symonds www.WebmasterNow.com
        Internet Marketing <> Web Design