Back Button

  • Rexolio
    Message 1 of 2601 , Nov 1, 1999
      Howdy guys! Need Help again! I know that to make
      a button like the back button of your browswer you
      simply put <a href="javascript:history.back()">
      next to the img src tag. And it worked fine for taking
      me back to pages I visited before going to my site.
      But my site consists of frames. The back button is
      located in the menu frame at the top, with the main frame
      being at the bottom. When I start navigating through my
      site and then try to go back to the previous bottom
      frame page, I get an error instead! Please
      answer!<br>rexolio@...
    • webmasternow_com
      Message 2601 of 2601 , Apr 17, 2002
        --- In htmlresources2@y..., njdude65 wrote:
        > How can I make text boxes, drop-down lists, etc
        > match the height of my text? Right now there is a page
        > which has smaller labels for the controls, and the
        > comparatively huge text in the controls looks awful. I'm sure
        > this is basic -- I've spent too much time on the
        > advanced database stuff to figure out some of the more
        > simple things :)<br><br>Dude

        Use CSS to make a class attribute. Then use that attribute in your
        form elements. In this example I use bolding, and shrink form
        elements, such as button, and text boxes. I left the last text box
        untouched, for a quick comparison.

        <!-- .link { font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #000000} body {
        font-family: -->

        <form><input TYPE="BUTTON" VALUE="WebmasterNow.com",
        STYLE="font-size:8pt; font-weight: bold"
        ONCLICK="window.location.href='http://www.WebmasterNow.com'"
        class="link"></form>

        <form class="link">
        <select size="1" class="link">
        </select>

        <input type=text class="link">
        <input type=text>
        </form>

        Notice the class attributes in both form and select - this is needed
        for cross browser compatibility. I needed both to work on NS 4.7, NS
        6.2 and IE 6

        Regards,
        Jim Symonds www.WebmasterNow.com
        Internet Marketing <> Web Design