using explorer to view notepad

  • rockinrick100
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2002
      I'm just starting out using html. I'm using Windows XP Home Edition.
      I'm using notepad as my editor.I can't figure out why my browser won't
      let me preview my work. Any ideas?
      Thank You,
      Rick Miller
    • Aspen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2002
        Notepad's default is to save your file with a .txt
        extension (e.g., filename.txt.) Your browser will be
        most comfortable with an .html extension. Use the
        File/Save As feature to change it and see if that
        helps.

        Aspen
        new to group, but familiar with computers and some
        HTML

        http://sbc.yahoo.com