html I've screwed up...

  • hillbillyjewgal
    Message 1 of 2601 , Feb 7, 2002
      Hi, I'm just learning html. I have a web site
      I've been working on that I can not figure out how to
      change width so that it is Not so long and narrow. I
      have an email ready( with the html I've screwed up) to
      send to anyone who knows how to correct it. The site
      is located at.
      and help me fix it I would really be greatful! My
      email address is on my yahoo profile. <br>Thanks
      darlynn
    • webmasternow_com
      Message 2601 of 2601 , Apr 17 11:23 PM
        --- In htmlresources2@y..., njdude65 wrote:
        > How can I make text boxes, drop-down lists, etc
        > match the height of my text? Right now there is a page
        > which has smaller labels for the controls, and the
        > comparatively huge text in the controls looks awful. I'm sure
        > this is basic -- I've spent too much time on the
        > advanced database stuff to figure out some of the more
        > simple things :)<br><br>Dude

        Use CSS to make a class attribute. Then use that attribute in your
        form elements. In this example I use bolding, and shrink form
        elements, such as button, and text boxes. I left the last text box
        untouched, for a quick comparison.

        <!-- .link { font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #000000} body {
        font-family: -->

        <form><input TYPE="BUTTON" VALUE="WebmasterNow.com",
        STYLE="font-size:8pt; font-weight: bold"
        ONCLICK="window.location.href='http://www.WebmasterNow.com'"
        class="link"></form>

        <form class="link">
        <select size="1" class="link">
        </select>

        <input type=text class="link">
        <input type=text>
        </form>

        Notice the class attributes in both form and select - this is needed
        for cross browser compatibility. I needed both to work on NS 4.7, NS
        6.2 and IE 6

        Regards,
        Jim Symonds www.WebmasterNow.com
        Internet Marketing <> Web Design