Sencha Touch 2.3 Beta

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2013

      Sencha Touch 2.3 Beta

      Improved Device Support

      Sencha Touch 2.3 has a host of new, built-in device support features. For starters, we've significantly improved BlackBerry support and themes. We went over every component and made sure they match with Blackberry 10 design guidelines. We've even added new menu components to support BB10’s exclusive menus.
      Sencha Touch 2.3 fully supports Apache Cordova 2.9.0 and later versions. This support makes it faster than ever to package your apps. Information on the Cordova API is available at http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/2.9.0/. Sencha Cmd 4.0 includes "sencha ant cordova" for Sencha Touch and Cordova integration.
      Finally, Sencha Touch 2.3 also provides enhanced themes as well as preliminary support for Tizen. As Tizen 2.2 SDK specs are finalized, we will continue to monitor and improve the Tizen support in Touch 2.3.

      Availability

      Sencha Touch 2.3 Beta is available now. Download the software, read the docs, and visit the forum to get help and provide feedback.

      Touch Grids

      One of the most exciting new features coming to Sencha Touch is Touch Grids. The new TouchGrid component makes it easy to present large data sets in grids while achieving lightning fast scrolling and smooth transitions for the user. The beta of Touch Grid includes touch-optimized functionality for row editing, data entry, pagination, column customization, and more. Touch Grid will be available as part of the Sencha Touch Bundle, and ship alongside Sencha Touch 2.3.