IndexedDB Quotas in Windows 8 Apps
- IndexedDB Quotas and Other Details
- IndexedDB is implemented via an Extensible Storage Engine (ESE) database which uses ISAM storage semantics and runs in a separate process, communicating with your application via RPC.
- The databases managed by the application can only be removed if the application exposes that functionality or if you uninstall the application from your machine.
- Each Windows Store application has a quota of 250MB of IndexedDB storage that it can access; furthermore, IndexedDB across all Windows Store applications combined is limited to
- 375MB if the hard drive of the device is less than 30GB; otherwise,
- 4% of the disk size or 20GB, whichever is smaller
- Note too there is no API to determine how much space remains, so you need to code defensively by handling the quotaExceededError exception.