Difference between OpenStack and Cloud Foundry

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14 12:51 AM
      Two open source cloud project are getting a lot of attention these days:

      1. OpenStack http://www.openstack.org/
      2. Cloud Foundry http://www.cloudfoundry.org/

      I was a bit confused. In this regard I had a question what is the difference between OpenStack and Cloud Foundry?

      I think the answer is that Cloud Foundry is a open source Platform as a Service (PaaS) equivalent to what OpenStack is for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).

      What do you think? and what other open source cloud projects we should look out for?

      Zia Khan

      Become my friend on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ziakhan
      Mobile: 92-300-826-3374 (Pakistan)
      Microsoft's Windows Azure Discussion Group: 3,000+ Members
      CFA, CPA, and CMA Exam Preparation Discussion Group: 3,700+ Members