4966"Kamal Macs" about to be Launched

    Jul 4 3:23 AM
      In the next few months Apple will release iWatch with health sensors and iPhone 6 with larger screens. They have also introduced a new programming language called Swift. We believe all this will create a new iPhone wave and we Pakistanis need to be part of this wave and try to lead it, Insha Allah.

      But we were faced with a major hurdle that in order to do iPhone development you need a Mac. As you know Mac's are very expensive and beyond the reach of most Pakistani students and developers.
      Therefore we gave the impossible task of making a iPhone Development Workstation to Kamal Hunzai´╗┐. The catch was that it must cost less than Rs.20,000 ($200), be faster than the Mac Book Pro which costs about Rs. 270,000 ($2,700), and should be available in large quantities in Pakistan.

      I am extremely happy to report that Mr. Kamal has achieved the impossible. Soon these development machines will be available in Karachi, with Xcode 6 pre-installed on them so that you can start development on them right away. Stay tuned we are testing the machines right now, so soon as we are sure about the quality we will let all of you know. From now on we will call these machines "Kamal Macs".

      Everyone please pray for Kamal in your Ramadan prayers, he has done a great service for all Pakistani students and developers. He will always be remembered as the person who started it all.

      All those who are interested in iPhone 6 and iWatch programming using Swift please join:

      https://www.facebook.com/groups/swift.app.dev/?ref=br_tf