56Fw: Seattle Prawas Report

  • Anil Kothari
    Nov 23, 2009

      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: Khanderao Kand <khanderao@...>
      To: nt@...
      Cc: wcSambhag@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, November 23, 2009 10:39:42 AM
      Subject: (wcSambhag) Seattle Prawas Report

      Namaste,

      I visited Seattle, WA on the weekend from Friday evening to Sunday Evening.

      On Friday evening, Shivaramji picked me from the airport and we went to Dupont / Olympia (1.5 hr south of Seattle where a shakha has been newly started) for a over-night abhyas varg.

      When we reached there, the atmosphere was already charged up and some innovative games were being conducted by Ankitji. Afterward the varg formally started with Anilji providing background and a talk on a need of giving up ego to get connected in sangh sutra. Followed by the introduction was Shivaramji and Jayantji conducting workshop on based on PP ShriGruruji' s life focussed on punctuality, dedication and inspiration. This was follwed by Bhajans.

      After formal day end, youths from Washinghton University shakha started PP Mohanji's speech on Hindutva and Bharatiyatva given at an intellectual' s conference in Gujarat. This talk continued till  11:45pm and every body slept at 2:45am to get up at 5:45 am.

      Morning 7am started with Ekatmata Stotra, Suryanamaskar and Yoga. The focus was on conducting these activities. After the breakfast, there was Samata (I conducted for one gana), then khel abhyas. Before lunch a conducted one session on One day Shakha and Every Day Sangh work. After lunch there was a Prathana abhyas and I conducted another session (same) for different gana. The samarop karyakram was a QA followed by my samarop.

      The atmoshpere was very charged up. All shakhas were upastgit. About 29 out of 35 were present (Karyakartas from vancouver could not attend). BTW this all was in Jugalji's big house. Truptiji and Poojaji and other sevikas did bhojan and Hemantji was varg karyavah. I felt very happy to see a team of enthusiastic and creative dedicated swayamsevaks.

      After the varg, I had an opportunity to meet and discuss with Ma. Sanghachalak Kulbhushan-ji. I discussed the sanghachalak varg, samaj shreni and 'palakatva' of nagar karyakarta.

      In the evening, Shivaramji and myself attended ITPIO dinner meeting arranged by Srinivasji at his house. About 15 professionals were present and decided to launch some pilot programs.

      Night time we reached to Anilji's residence late at night. Anil-ji made a nice tea for me so we could chat but it was too late and too tired but still we had a nice chat that continued the next day morning during the breakfast, khichadi made by Snehalji. Snehalji's dedication is remarkable, every week she takes 2 shuttle buses to go to shakha that too in Seattle weather! And Anilji goes to different shakha! On Sunday, we first dropped Snehalji at Bellevue shakha and proceeded to Bothell Shakha, which has been recently started at a temple priest's residence backside of the oldest temple in Seattle. A small but enthusiastic group was present there. After baudhik we had some QA. The temple president and a board member also attended the shakha. We had a discussion with them and then visited the temple.

      Our lunch was at Shivaramji's residence. It was great to see witty Bhabhiji who had prepared nice Andhra meal for us. After lunch, Anilji, Shivaramji and myself had a nice, no-agenda talk on the state of Seattle work, time management etc etc while Shravani was drawing and painting and playing around us.

      Anilji dropped me to the airport and that gave a chance to have a H2H talk.

      It was an inspiring visit to me.

      regards
      Khanderao