    ----- Forwarded Message ----
    From: Arun Kankani <arunk@...>
    To: hss_vibhag@...
    Sent: Wed, October 7, 2009 2:42:53 PM

    From: sree4000@... [mailto:sree4000@...] On Behalf Of Sree N Sreenath
    Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 4:40 PM

    =============

    Dear Friend:

    Please send this to all of the Indian organizations, companies employing Indians, and especially to Andhra and Kannada  groups.

    You may have heard about the torrential rains caused by depression in the Bay of Bengal that has resulted in a once in 100 year flood situation in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.

    SEWA International USA is a 501 (c) (3), a non-profit volunteer-based organization with low overhead (4%),  is at the forefront of fund raising for this recent devastating floods that have affected Uttara Karnataka, and large parts of Andhra Pradesh (Kurnool, Mahboobnagar, Krishna and Guntur districts).

    More than 1.8 million people have been affected, over 500 villages are under water in AP and 1490 villages in Karnataka, over 200 people have lost their lives. Countless farm animals have died and creating a healthcare nightmare.

    The famous Raghavendra Swamy temple was submerged under water in Mantralaya. All cattle in the goshala  and deer in the matham complex have died along with a host of pilgrims.

    Our volunteers through our partner NGO's Hindu Seva Prathishtana in Karnataka and Sewa Bharathi in AP and Karnataka are working very hard. And they need our support. See latest attached reports to get an overview.

    SEWA International is accepting donations in the form of money only (check, and credit card) due to the timeliness and logistics involved. A India Donor Info file is attached. Please send this to your friends and relatives in India who want to donate in cash and in kind (clothes, utensils, blankets, material etc.).

    Checkout the blogspot and follow us on Twitter: http://sevabharathi.blogspot.com/

    Donate online at http://www.sewausa.org/ Or

    Make check payable to 'Sewa International'. Mention ‘AP/Karnataka Floods’ in the memo (check or Pay Pal)

    Mailing Address: Sewa International US PO Box 14622, Fremont, CA 94539Contact: info@..., (440) 941-2525.