This e-list is a sort of online social registry for homeschoolers in Ontario to connect with each other family-to-family.
It is NOT an online discussion group NOR a place to post announcements about events.
Its role is to facilitate the development of friendships among our kids (and only secondarily among ourselves) by providing a way for individual families to make first contact with each other. The friendship-building itself, however, happens off-list, real person to real person in the non-virtual world, so by default your reply to any post will go to the person posting, not to the group.
Before you join, please make sure this is the kind of group you are looking for and that you are willing to abide by the guidelines for posting messages:
Please indicate your CITY/TOWN in the Subject line of your message and post ONLY the following types of messages:
- INTRO: please post an introduction that includes your name, location and your children's ages, plus any additional information you're willing to make public.
- AFFINITY enquiries (ex: "Are there any other pre-teens who are into sports?")
- PENPAL searches
Please DO NOT post the following types of messages:
- NO discussions: information, discussions or chatting about homeschooling or life in general can be posted to any of the many online support groups for homeschoolers. See a partial list on the OFTP website at www.ontariohomeschool.org.
- NO announcements of activities: to announce or search for field trips and other activities for homeschoolers in Ontario, join the hs-ontrips yahoogroup.
Thanks for your co-operation!:-)
- Oct 13, 2004
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages require approval.
- All members can post messages.