New, also looking for family

  • collenebugg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2007
      My great grandfather came over in 1907 from we think Livno Bosnia. He
      died very young in a mining accident in Illinos, so we do not have
      much information on him. I have found a declaration of intent
      (natralization papers) on him, and i am just hoping someone here
      might be able to help guide me or give some information. His name was
      Joe Karadja. He came over in March on the vessel Manners(which i can
      not find). He was born in Livno, Bosnia, and I do not have any reason
      to believe he was not Croation. After he came over he married my
      great grandmother who imigrated from Bol and she was Croation. Does
      anyone know the KARADJA family??? or where I can go from here. I have
      tried Ellis Island but they have no record of a vessel named Manners.

      Thank you
      Collene