Small Wind

  • justin@gulfcoastrenewableresources.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 29, 2010
    Hello all,

    A few months ago some interest was generated in the Windspire 1.2 kW wind turbine. At the time we were in the process of installing several and I was asked to post info once we were finished. The Windspires fell through due to inverter issues, so we went with WePower's Falcon series and the V200 Energy Ball instead. The Falcons installed are the 3.4 and 5.5. These, like the Windspire, are vertical axis wind turbines (VAWT) and the V200 is a horizontal axis wind turbine (HAWT). We should have some performance data soon and I will post it to HREG. Attached is a picture of the three, all side by side. Because small wind has picked up interest recently, and most of these turbines are new to the market, I feel it beneficial to everyone to know how they operate.

    Justin Owens
    Gulf Coast Renewable Resources
    (409)766-0208
    www.GulfCoastRenewableResources.com
    justin@...

    CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This email and any attachment is confidential. It is intended solely for the use by the intended recipient (s), and any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, distribution, use, or retention of its contents is strictly prohibited.

  • Dottie And Bill Swann

      Message 3 of 5 , Jul 29, 2010

        Thanks Justin, can you elaborate on the inverter issues?

        Kevin Conlin
        Heliosolar Design, Inc.
        13534 Quetzal Lane
        Houston , TX 77083
        Cell: 281-202-9629

        Message 4 of 5 , Jul 29, 2010
          Bill,

          They are located off Stewart Rd, just past "dead man's curve" going west, on the left hand side. It's really hard to miss.

          Kevin,

          I cannot speak specifics, but I will say it was very unfortunate. I just decided to scrap it all together and start over with a different product.

          -Justin

          Justin Owens

          Message 5 of 5 , Jan 22, 2011
            With all this talk (again) about the Honeywell turbines, has there been any updates on this other project?  How much power is being produced by these?