RE: [hreg] Re: TATA Air Car efficiency

  • J P Malone
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 18, 2010

      Air engine that is 94.5% efficient. (Not sure of their definition).

      They state:     “The Di Pietro Motor is a 94.5% efficient compressed air motor that can run on energy from sustainable sources such as the sun.
      At the moment he uses one size motor for all the applications as seen in this video. With development it has the potential to replace any size motor in any application.
      This technology exists today. It's not an engineer's concept bound to a computer screen. It's patented and physically verified. The only thing holding back the widespread application of this technology seems to be will. “

      TATA has the funding to pull it off.

      Hard to argue with 94.5% efficiency in turning compressed air into forward movement, as opposed to 20-30% (if that high?) efficiency in turning gasoline into movement... not to mention all the energy needed to extract and refine the oil.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X6oWZe0QTc

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 18, 2010
        Any SCUBA diver knows that compressing air heats the dickens out of it - tanks have to be immersed in water while being charged.  How can one do that if the air tanks are in the bowels of a car?
        Ariel
        - We are all Human beings here together.  We have to help one another, since otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
        - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic policy regarding non-renewable resources, starting with water.
        - "Health" insurance companies are the American death panels; their business is to collect premiums and deny benefits.
          Their CEO's, and lesser bureaucrats, should not be part of any civilized health care system.

      • Ed Sarlls
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 18, 2010

          There are some more air car limitations listed here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compressed_air_car

          Ed

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 19, 2010
            For what it's worth, Popular Mechanics has a dim view of the car.

            http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/alternative-fuel/news/compressed-air-car-myth

            --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Sarlls" <edsarlls@...> wrote:

            > There are some more air car limitations listed here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compressed_air_car
            >
            > Ed

          • Kevin Conlin
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 19, 2010

              Twice the emissions of a gasoline powered car and one third the efficiency of a lithium powered electric. An 18 mile range and 7 ft lbs of torque for the scooter.

              Definitely more hype than breakthrough.

              Kevin Conlin
              Heliosolar Design, Inc.
              13534 Quetzal Lane