Re: [hreg] Re: Healthy Eating Disorder

  • Stephanie Edwards-Musa
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2 8:47 AM
      Pinot Noir?

      Stephanie Edwards-Musa
      Realtor, Certified EcoBroker
      Mobile:  281-635-9444
      Prudential Gary Greene, Realtors
      www.TurningHoustonGreen.com
      Steph@...

      On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Henry Haynes <henry.haynes@...> wrote:

      One of my favorites is Spam nachos.  Am I safe?  By the way what wine goes with Spam?

      HHH

      On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Stephanie Edwards-Musa <steph@...> wrote:

      I agree that there are people maybe that become OCD but if you read the Guardian article sourced, they are throwing practically anyone who eats healthy in to the mix.  Sort of like what they've done with ADD/ADHD.  Ooh. That kid has a lot of energy, he needs medicated.

      So because I plan my meals, don't buy produce that's not organic and am happier (because I'm well nourished) by eating healthy means that for sure I need some sort of psychotropic drug to relax myself?  Only in a society that has a medication for everything would that make any sense what so ever.  I'm poking fun but personally I find it as an attack against freedom only because to this day and probably for many years to come the people that matter and make decisions will not admit that processed foods really are bad for you.

      That is one mental disorder that I would beg and pray to have.  Maybe then I could officially cut out coffee and fast food out of my diet.

      Stephanie Edwards-Musa
      Realtor, Certified EcoBroker
      Mobile:  281-635-9444
      Prudential Gary Greene, Realtors
      www.TurningHoustonGreen.com
      Steph@...

      On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 7:23 AM, jay_7227 <yahoo@...> wrote:

      I know it is a little funny but there are people with real problems.

      For some reason a lot of these disorders are related to concepts of cleanliness and purity.

      Everyone knows that it is good to wash your hands, but when you wash your hands every 30 seconds until you bleed it's becoming a problem. If you can't use a public bathrooms because of paralyzing fear, it's more borderline.

      The same applies to eating, which is another common area for psychological disorders. Eating healthy is good, but I would say you can't go out with your friends, not just at a few restaurants, but anywhere, you are approaching the border.

      For it to reach a clinical diagnosis, you have to be reaching fear or OCD levels - "I can't eat that because I will become TAINTED!"

      --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Stephanie Edwards-Musa <steph@...> wrote:

      > ROFL! I'm going to make an 'Orthorexic Nervosa and Proud' Tshirt.
      >
      > On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 4:24 AM, Garth & Kim Travis <gartht@...>wrote:

      > > Greetings,
      > >
      > > If I manage to disappear, suddenly, you will know where I have gone.
      > > They will have carted me off to the psychiatric ward for orthorexia
      > > nervosa; a new disease which is basically just Latin for "nervous about
      > > correct eating." This article would be funny, if it was a spoof, I wish
      > > it was.
      > >
      > > http://www.naturalnews.com/029098_orthorexia_mental_disorder.html

    • Ed Sarlls
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2 6:28 PM
        Thunderbird?
        MD 20/20?

        :-)

        Ed

        On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 7:23 AM, jay_7227 <yahoo@mailbot. transcendent. us> wrote:

        I know it is a little funny but there are people with real problems.

        For some reason a lot of these disorders are related to concepts of cleanliness and purity.

        Everyone knows that it is good to wash your hands, but when you wash your hands every 30 seconds until you bleed it's becoming a problem. If you can't use a public bathrooms because of paralyzing fear, it's more borderline.

        The same applies to eating, which is another common area for psychological disorders. Eating healthy is good, but I would say you can't go out with your friends, not just at a few restaurants, but anywhere, you are approaching the border.

        For it to reach a clinical diagnosis, you have to be reaching fear or OCD levels - "I can't eat that because I will become TAINTED!"

        --- In hreg@yahoogroups. com, Stephanie Edwards-Musa <steph@...> wrote:

        > ROFL! I'm going to make an 'Orthorexic Nervosa and Proud' Tshirt.
        >
        > On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 4:24 AM, Garth & Kim Travis <gartht@...>wrote:

        > > Greetings,
        > >
        > > If I manage to disappear, suddenly, you will know where I have gone.
        > > They will have carted me off to the psychiatric ward for orthorexia
        > > nervosa; a new disease which is basically just Latin for "nervous about
        > > correct eating." This article would be funny, if it was a spoof, I wish
        > > it was.
        > >
        > > http://www.naturaln ews.com/029098_ orthorexia_ mental_disorder. html

      • Henry
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3 10:28 AM
          is this the right forum for these types of discussion?

          --
          Henry Vadie
          hvadie@...
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 3 10:30 AM