My 'What If' Solar Array Rendering

  • Gary Beck
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2010

    I did a 'what if' rendering and sun study for my 50's ranch style house with a solar array entry awning. We did this in 3D Autodesk Revit.

    I designed it as separate from the house I could relocate it if I wanted to in the future. I would also add rainwater collection off the back side.

    The sun study confirmed it does not shaded as much as I thought it might throughout the year even with my 60 foot Sycamore trees on three sides.

    And I don't think it looks too bad although in reality my house need some more upkeep than a perfect computer model rendering can show..

    Now to see how long something like this would take to pay for itself. That is the real challenge.

    Gary Beck

    Eco-Holdings

    Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2010
      The Executive Direstor does not need to be located in Austin - only is Texas!!!
      Thanks,
      John Gardner
      Chairman of  the Board
      Texas Solar Energy Society

      Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2010
        VERY Nice.

        That "goes with you" thinking is Very smart, as well.

        Under the What If category . . .  how about the wind load issues?

        Thanks,  Phil

        I just noticed that the Texas Solar Energy Society is looking for a new executive director - a paid position.  They have always been in Austin before, but I don't know if that is a strict requirement or not.  Read more at:
        http://www.txses. org/solar/ content/txses- accepting- applications- position- executive- director

      • Henry

          --
          Henry Vadie