Re: [hreg] To the group....

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2010
      Greetings,

      Renewable energy is about human energy. I am not sure where that could
      come from is not from healthy food. While we do not discuss food a
      great deal on this list, the process of growing healthy food uses less
      resources and is far more sustainable. So, you are not taking advantage
      of this list, just dealing with one of the minor aspects of what we do.

      Bright Blessings,
      Garth & Kim Travis
      www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
      Bedias, Texas
      936-395-0110

      On 7/2/2010 10:25 AM, evelyn sardina wrote:

      > We are starting a Waldorf School initiative in Woodlands area and are
      > trying to
      > get the word out. I thought this was a great opportunity to get the name
      > of the school out.
      > The school is a non-profit so we need all the help we can get. One of
      > our biggest issues
      > in our school is using nutritional foods and drying fruit is a staple in
      > class.
      > I was very opportunistic on this because I believe in this school and
      > want to see
      > it succeed. My apologies for taking advantage of the group. Keep the
      > conversation
      > going! Evelyn

    • Scarsella, Thomas M. (JSC-IS4)[TESSADA &
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2010

        Well put.  We can’t ignore the “small stuff” and think we’re gaining ground towards achieving sustainability.  Energy and resource conservation are the principal reasons why we have always had a garden.  We compost our yard and kitchen waste and use that to fertilize our vegetables and citrus trees.  Though I can‘t readily quantify it, I’m sure the effort has reduced our carbon footprint. Last year we picked 140 satsumas from our best tree and none of those were ever sprayed with pesticides, gassed with ethylene, transported by road, or refrigerated.  This Spring, the same tree had a bird nest in it so it performed an extra duty without our even being aware.

        Tom Scarsella

        Renewable energy is about human energy. I am not sure where that could
        come from is not from healthy food. While we do not discuss food a
        great deal on this list, the process of growing healthy food uses less
        resources and is far more sustainable. So, you are not taking advantage
        of this list, just dealing with one of the minor aspects of what we do.

        Bright Blessings,
        Garth & Kim Travis
        www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
        Bedias, Texas
        936-395-0110

        On 7/2/2010 10:25 AM, evelyn sardina wrote:

        > We are starting a Waldorf School initiative in Woodlands area and are
        > trying to
        > get the word out. I thought this was a great opportunity to get the name
        > of the school out.
        > The school is a non-profit so we need all the help we can get. One of
        > our biggest issues
        > in our school is using nutritional foods and drying fruit is a staple in
        > class.
        > I was very opportunistic on this because I believe in this school and
        > want to see
        > it succeed. My apologies for taking advantage of the group. Keep the
        > conversation
        > going! Evelyn

      • evelyn sardina
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2010
          Thanks to you all for your rsponses. We are braving this one so we need all
          the help we can get. It is not easy to compete with public schools and cheap
          lunch room food. Thanks again, Evelyn

          Well put.  We can’t ignore the “small stuff” and think we’re gaining ground towards achieving sustainability.  Energy and resource conservation are the principal reasons why we have always had a garden.  We compost our yard and kitchen waste and use that to fertilize our vegetables and citrus trees.  Though I can‘t readily quantify it, I’m sure the effort has reduced our carbon footprint. Last year we picked 140 satsumas from our best tree and none of those were ever sprayed with pesticides, gassed with ethylene, transported by road, or refrigerated.  This Spring, the same tree had a bird nest in it so it performed an extra duty without our even being aware.

          Tom Scarsella

          Renewable energy is about human energy. I am not sure where that could
          come from is not from healthy food. While we do not discuss food a
          great deal on this list, the process of growing healthy food uses less
          resources and is far more sustainable. So, you are not taking advantage
          of this list, just dealing with one of the minor aspects of what we do.

          Bright Blessings,
          Garth & Kim Travis
          www.TheRoseColoredF orest.com
          Bedias, Texas
          936-395-0110

          On 7/2/2010 10:25 AM, evelyn sardina wrote:

          > We are starting a Waldorf School initiative in Woodlands area and are
          > trying to
          > get the word out. I thought this was a great opportunity to get the name
          > of the school out.
          > The school is a non-profit so we need all the help we can get. One of
          > our biggest issues
          > in our school is using nutritional foods and drying fruit is a staple in
          > class.
          > I was very opportunistic on this because I believe in this school and
          > want to see
          > it succeed. My apologies for taking advantage of the group. Keep the
          > conversation
          > going! Evelyn

        • betina wolfowicz

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 15, 2010
              Thanks. I will contact you by personal e-mail.