To the group....

  • evelyn sardina
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2010
      We are starting a Waldorf School initiative in Woodlands area and are trying to
      get the word out. I thought this was a great opportunity to get the name of the school out.
      The school is a non-profit so we need all the help we can get. One of our biggest issues
      in our school is using nutritional foods and drying fruit is a staple in class.
      I was very opportunistic on this because I believe in this school and want to see
      it succeed. My apologies for taking advantage of the group. Keep the conversation
      going! Evelyn

    • Stephanie Edwards-Musa
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2010
        Evelyn,

        Send me info about the school and I will help to get the word out.  My office is in The Woodlands.

        Stephanie Edwards-Musa
        Realtor, Certified EcoBroker
        Mobile:  281-635-9444
        Prudential Gary Greene, Realtors
        www.TurningHoustonGreen.com
        Steph@...

        On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 8:25 AM, evelyn sardina <evelynsardina@...> wrote:

        We are starting a Waldorf School initiative in Woodlands area and are trying to
        get the word out. I thought this was a great opportunity to get the name of the school out.
        The school is a non-profit so we need all the help we can get. One of our biggest issues
        in our school is using nutritional foods and drying fruit is a staple in class.
        I was very opportunistic on this because I believe in this school and want to see
        it succeed. My apologies for taking advantage of the group. Keep the conversation
        going! Evelyn

      • Garth & Kim Travis
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2010
          Greetings,

          Renewable energy is about human energy. I am not sure where that could
          come from is not from healthy food. While we do not discuss food a
          great deal on this list, the process of growing healthy food uses less
          resources and is far more sustainable. So, you are not taking advantage
          of this list, just dealing with one of the minor aspects of what we do.

          Bright Blessings,
          Garth & Kim Travis
          www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
          Bedias, Texas
          936-395-0110

          On 7/2/2010 10:25 AM, evelyn sardina wrote:

          > We are starting a Waldorf School initiative in Woodlands area and are
          > trying to
          > get the word out. I thought this was a great opportunity to get the name
          > of the school out.
          > The school is a non-profit so we need all the help we can get. One of
          > our biggest issues
          > in our school is using nutritional foods and drying fruit is a staple in
          > class.
          > I was very opportunistic on this because I believe in this school and
          > want to see
          > it succeed. My apologies for taking advantage of the group. Keep the
          > conversation
          > going! Evelyn

        • Scarsella, Thomas M. (JSC-IS4)[TESSADA &
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2010

            Well put.  We can’t ignore the “small stuff” and think we’re gaining ground towards achieving sustainability.  Energy and resource conservation are the principal reasons why we have always had a garden.  We compost our yard and kitchen waste and use that to fertilize our vegetables and citrus trees.  Though I can‘t readily quantify it, I’m sure the effort has reduced our carbon footprint. Last year we picked 140 satsumas from our best tree and none of those were ever sprayed with pesticides, gassed with ethylene, transported by road, or refrigerated.  This Spring, the same tree had a bird nest in it so it performed an extra duty without our even being aware.

            Tom Scarsella

            Renewable energy is about human energy. I am not sure where that could
            come from is not from healthy food. While we do not discuss food a
            great deal on this list, the process of growing healthy food uses less
            resources and is far more sustainable. So, you are not taking advantage
            of this list, just dealing with one of the minor aspects of what we do.

            Bright Blessings,
            Garth & Kim Travis
            www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
            Bedias, Texas
            936-395-0110

            On 7/2/2010 10:25 AM, evelyn sardina wrote:

            > We are starting a Waldorf School initiative in Woodlands area and are
            > trying to
            > get the word out. I thought this was a great opportunity to get the name
            > of the school out.
            > The school is a non-profit so we need all the help we can get. One of
            > our biggest issues
            > in our school is using nutritional foods and drying fruit is a staple in
            > class.
            > I was very opportunistic on this because I believe in this school and
            > want to see
            > it succeed. My apologies for taking advantage of the group. Keep the
            > conversation
            > going! Evelyn

          • evelyn sardina
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2, 2010
              Thanks to you all for your rsponses. We are braving this one so we need all
              the help we can get. It is not easy to compete with public schools and cheap
              lunch room food. Thanks again, Evelyn

              Well put.  We can’t ignore the “small stuff” and think we’re gaining ground towards achieving sustainability.  Energy and resource conservation are the principal reasons why we have always had a garden.  We compost our yard and kitchen waste and use that to fertilize our vegetables and citrus trees.  Though I can‘t readily quantify it, I’m sure the effort has reduced our carbon footprint. Last year we picked 140 satsumas from our best tree and none of those were ever sprayed with pesticides, gassed with ethylene, transported by road, or refrigerated.  This Spring, the same tree had a bird nest in it so it performed an extra duty without our even being aware.

              Tom Scarsella

              Renewable energy is about human energy. I am not sure where that could
              come from is not from healthy food. While we do not discuss food a
              great deal on this list, the process of growing healthy food uses less
              resources and is far more sustainable. So, you are not taking advantage
              of this list, just dealing with one of the minor aspects of what we do.

              Bright Blessings,
              Garth & Kim Travis
              www.TheRoseColoredF orest.com
              Bedias, Texas
              936-395-0110

              On 7/2/2010 10:25 AM, evelyn sardina wrote:

              > We are starting a Waldorf School initiative in Woodlands area and are
              > trying to
              > get the word out. I thought this was a great opportunity to get the name
              > of the school out.
              > The school is a non-profit so we need all the help we can get. One of
              > our biggest issues
              > in our school is using nutritional foods and drying fruit is a staple in
              > class.
              > I was very opportunistic on this because I believe in this school and
              > want to see
              > it succeed. My apologies for taking advantage of the group. Keep the
              > conversation
              > going! Evelyn

            • betina wolfowicz

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 15, 2010
                  Thanks. I will contact you by personal e-mail.