Re: [hreg] Healthy Eating Disorder

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2 7:28 AM

      What a great idea, thanks for both the laugh and the idea. I do believe
      we will do the same.

      Bright Blessings,
      Garth & Kim Travis
      www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
      Bedias, Texas
      936-395-0110

      On 7/2/2010 7:57 AM, Stephanie Edwards-Musa wrote:

      > ROFL! I'm going to make an 'Orthorexic Nervosa and Proud' Tshirt.
      >

      > Stephanie Edwards-Musa
      > Realtor, Certified EcoBroker
      > Mobile: 281-635-9444
      > Prudential Gary Greene, Realtors
      > www.TurningHoustonGreen.com <http://www.TurningHoustonGreen.com>
      > Steph@...
      >

      > On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 4:24 AM, Garth & Kim Travis
      > <gartht@... <mailto:gartht@...>> wrote:
      >
      > Greetings,
      >
      > If I manage to disappear, suddenly, you will know where I have gone.
      > They will have carted me off to the psychiatric ward for orthorexia
      > nervosa; a new disease which is basically just Latin for "nervous about
      > correct eating." This article would be funny, if it was a spoof, I wish
      > it was.
      >
      > http://www.naturalnews.com/029098_orthorexia_mental_disorder.html
      > <http://www.naturalnews.com/029098_orthorexia_mental_disorder.html>
      >
      > --
      > Bright Blessings,
      > Garth & Kim Travis
      > www.TheRoseColoredForest.com <http://www.TheRoseColoredForest.com>
      > Bedias, Texas
      > 936-395-0110

    • Stephanie Edwards-Musa
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2 8:06 AM
        I agree that there are people maybe that become OCD but if you read the Guardian article sourced, they are throwing practically anyone who eats healthy in to the mix.  Sort of like what they've done with ADD/ADHD.  Ooh. That kid has a lot of energy, he needs medicated.

        So because I plan my meals, don't buy produce that's not organic and am happier (because I'm well nourished) by eating healthy means that for sure I need some sort of psychotropic drug to relax myself?  Only in a society that has a medication for everything would that make any sense what so ever.  I'm poking fun but personally I find it as an attack against freedom only because to this day and probably for many years to come the people that matter and make decisions will not admit that processed foods really are bad for you.

        That is one mental disorder that I would beg and pray to have.  Maybe then I could officially cut out coffee and fast food out of my diet.

        Stephanie Edwards-Musa
        Realtor, Certified EcoBroker
        Mobile:  281-635-9444
        Prudential Gary Greene, Realtors
        www.TurningHoustonGreen.com
        Steph@...

        On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 7:23 AM, jay_7227 <yahoo@...> wrote:

        I know it is a little funny but there are people with real problems.

        For some reason a lot of these disorders are related to concepts of cleanliness and purity.

        Everyone knows that it is good to wash your hands, but when you wash your hands every 30 seconds until you bleed it's becoming a problem. If you can't use a public bathrooms because of paralyzing fear, it's more borderline.

        The same applies to eating, which is another common area for psychological disorders. Eating healthy is good, but I would say you can't go out with your friends, not just at a few restaurants, but anywhere, you are approaching the border.

        For it to reach a clinical diagnosis, you have to be reaching fear or OCD levels - "I can't eat that because I will become TAINTED!"

        --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Stephanie Edwards-Musa <steph@...> wrote:

        > ROFL! I'm going to make an 'Orthorexic Nervosa and Proud' Tshirt.
        >
        > On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 4:24 AM, Garth & Kim Travis <gartht@...>wrote:

        > > Greetings,
        > >
        > > If I manage to disappear, suddenly, you will know where I have gone.
        > > They will have carted me off to the psychiatric ward for orthorexia
        > > nervosa; a new disease which is basically just Latin for "nervous about
        > > correct eating." This article would be funny, if it was a spoof, I wish
        > > it was.
        > >
        > > http://www.naturalnews.com/029098_orthorexia_mental_disorder.html

      • Henry Haynes
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2 8:41 AM
          One of my favorites is Spam nachos.  Am I safe?  By the way what wine goes with Spam?

          HHH

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2 8:47 AM
            Pinot Noir?

            On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Henry Haynes <henry.haynes@...> wrote:

            One of my favorites is Spam nachos.  Am I safe?  By the way what wine goes with Spam?

            HHH

            On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Stephanie Edwards-Musa <steph@...> wrote:

            I agree that there are people maybe that become OCD but if you read the Guardian article sourced, they are throwing practically anyone who eats healthy in to the mix.  Sort of like what they've done with ADD/ADHD.  Ooh. That kid has a lot of energy, he needs medicated.

            So because I plan my meals, don't buy produce that's not organic and am happier (because I'm well nourished) by eating healthy means that for sure I need some sort of psychotropic drug to relax myself?  Only in a society that has a medication for everything would that make any sense what so ever.  I'm poking fun but personally I find it as an attack against freedom only because to this day and probably for many years to come the people that matter and make decisions will not admit that processed foods really are bad for you.

            That is one mental disorder that I would beg and pray to have.  Maybe then I could officially cut out coffee and fast food out of my diet.

            Stephanie Edwards-Musa
            Realtor, Certified EcoBroker
            Mobile:  281-635-9444
            Prudential Gary Greene, Realtors
            www.TurningHoustonGreen.com
            Steph@...

            On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 7:23 AM, jay_7227 <yahoo@...> wrote:

            I know it is a little funny but there are people with real problems.

            For some reason a lot of these disorders are related to concepts of cleanliness and purity.

            Everyone knows that it is good to wash your hands, but when you wash your hands every 30 seconds until you bleed it's becoming a problem. If you can't use a public bathrooms because of paralyzing fear, it's more borderline.

            The same applies to eating, which is another common area for psychological disorders. Eating healthy is good, but I would say you can't go out with your friends, not just at a few restaurants, but anywhere, you are approaching the border.

            For it to reach a clinical diagnosis, you have to be reaching fear or OCD levels - "I can't eat that because I will become TAINTED!"

            --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Stephanie Edwards-Musa <steph@...> wrote:

            > ROFL! I'm going to make an 'Orthorexic Nervosa and Proud' Tshirt.
            >
            > On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 4:24 AM, Garth & Kim Travis <gartht@...>wrote:

            > > Greetings,
            > >
            > > If I manage to disappear, suddenly, you will know where I have gone.
            > > They will have carted me off to the psychiatric ward for orthorexia
            > > nervosa; a new disease which is basically just Latin for "nervous about
            > > correct eating." This article would be funny, if it was a spoof, I wish
            > > it was.
            > >
            > > http://www.naturalnews.com/029098_orthorexia_mental_disorder.html

          • Ed Sarlls
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 2 6:28 PM
              Thunderbird?
              MD 20/20?

              :-)

              Ed

              On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 7:23 AM, jay_7227 <yahoo@mailbot. transcendent. us> wrote:

              I know it is a little funny but there are people with real problems.

              For some reason a lot of these disorders are related to concepts of cleanliness and purity.

              Everyone knows that it is good to wash your hands, but when you wash your hands every 30 seconds until you bleed it's becoming a problem. If you can't use a public bathrooms because of paralyzing fear, it's more borderline.

              The same applies to eating, which is another common area for psychological disorders. Eating healthy is good, but I would say you can't go out with your friends, not just at a few restaurants, but anywhere, you are approaching the border.

              For it to reach a clinical diagnosis, you have to be reaching fear or OCD levels - "I can't eat that because I will become TAINTED!"

              --- In hreg@yahoogroups. com, Stephanie Edwards-Musa <steph@...> wrote:

              > ROFL! I'm going to make an 'Orthorexic Nervosa and Proud' Tshirt.
              >
              > On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 4:24 AM, Garth & Kim Travis <gartht@...>wrote:

              > > Greetings,
              > >
              > > If I manage to disappear, suddenly, you will know where I have gone.
              > > They will have carted me off to the psychiatric ward for orthorexia
              > > nervosa; a new disease which is basically just Latin for "nervous about
              > > correct eating." This article would be funny, if it was a spoof, I wish
              > > it was.
              > >
              > > http://www.naturaln ews.com/029098_ orthorexia_ mental_disorder. html

            • Henry
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 3 10:28 AM
                is this the right forum for these types of discussion?

                On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Henry Haynes <henry.haynes@...> wrote:

                One of my favorites is Spam nachos.  Am I safe?  By the way what wine goes with Spam?

                HHH

                On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Stephanie Edwards-Musa <steph@...> wrote:

                I agree that there are people maybe that become OCD but if you read the Guardian article sourced, they are throwing practically anyone who eats healthy in to the mix.  Sort of like what they've done with ADD/ADHD.  Ooh. That kid has a lot of energy, he needs medicated.

                So because I plan my meals, don't buy produce that's not organic and am happier (because I'm well nourished) by eating healthy means that for sure I need some sort of psychotropic drug to relax myself?  Only in a society that has a medication for everything would that make any sense what so ever.  I'm poking fun but personally I find it as an attack against freedom only because to this day and probably for many years to come the people that matter and make decisions will not admit that processed foods really are bad for you.

                That is one mental disorder that I would beg and pray to have.  Maybe then I could officially cut out coffee and fast food out of my diet.

                Stephanie Edwards-Musa
                Realtor, Certified EcoBroker
                Mobile:  281-635-9444
                Prudential Gary Greene, Realtors
                www.TurningHoustonGreen.com
                Steph@...

                On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 7:23 AM, jay_7227 <yahoo@...> wrote:

                I know it is a little funny but there are people with real problems.

                For some reason a lot of these disorders are related to concepts of cleanliness and purity.

                Everyone knows that it is good to wash your hands, but when you wash your hands every 30 seconds until you bleed it's becoming a problem. If you can't use a public bathrooms because of paralyzing fear, it's more borderline.

                The same applies to eating, which is another common area for psychological disorders. Eating healthy is good, but I would say you can't go out with your friends, not just at a few restaurants, but anywhere, you are approaching the border.

                For it to reach a clinical diagnosis, you have to be reaching fear or OCD levels - "I can't eat that because I will become TAINTED!"

                --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Stephanie Edwards-Musa <steph@...> wrote:

                > ROFL! I'm going to make an 'Orthorexic Nervosa and Proud' Tshirt.
                >
                > On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 4:24 AM, Garth & Kim Travis <gartht@...>wrote:

                > > Greetings,
                > >
                > > If I manage to disappear, suddenly, you will know where I have gone.
                > > They will have carted me off to the psychiatric ward for orthorexia
                > > nervosa; a new disease which is basically just Latin for "nervous about
                > > correct eating." This article would be funny, if it was a spoof, I wish
                > > it was.
                > >
                > > http://www.naturalnews.com/029098_orthorexia_mental_disorder.html

                --
                Henry Vadie