TXSES director opening

  • mkewert@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
      I just noticed that the Texas Solar Energy Society is looking for a new executive director - a paid position.  They have always been in Austin before, but I don't know if that is a strict requirement or not.  Read more at:
      http://www.txses.org/solar/content/txses-accepting-applications-position-executive-director
    • Gary Beck
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2010

      I did a 'what if' rendering and sun study for my 50's ranch style house with a solar array entry awning. We did this in 3D Autodesk Revit.

      I designed it as separate from the house I could relocate it if I wanted to in the future. I would also add rainwater collection off the back side.

      The sun study confirmed it does not shaded as much as I thought it might throughout the year even with my 60 foot Sycamore trees on three sides.

      And I don't think it looks too bad although in reality my house need some more upkeep than a perfect computer model rendering can show..

      Now to see how long something like this would take to pay for itself. That is the real challenge.

      Gary Beck

      Eco-Holdings

      I just noticed that the Texas Solar Energy Society is looking for a new executive director - a paid position.  They have always been in Austin before, but I don't know if that is a strict requirement or not.  Read more at:
      http://www.txses.org/solar/content/txses-accepting-applications-position-executive-director

    • JOHN GARDNER
      Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2010
        The Executive Direstor does not need to be located in Austin - only is Texas!!!
        Thanks,
        John Gardner
        Chairman of  the Board
        Texas Solar Energy Society

        Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2010
          VERY Nice.

          That "goes with you" thinking is Very smart, as well.

          Under the What If category . . .  how about the wind load issues?

          Thanks,  Phil

          I just noticed that the Texas Solar Energy Society is looking for a new executive director - a paid position.  They have always been in Austin before, but I don't know if that is a strict requirement or not.  Read more at:
          http://www.txses. org/solar/ content/txses- accepting- applications- position- executive- director

        • Henry

            --
            Henry Vadie