BP Criminal Investigation

  • Tyra Rankin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2010

      This is not BP’s first rodeo.   A recidivist criminal, this company has multiple past criminal convictions.  A culture of arrogant disregard for worker safety and the environment.

      Walstreet blog

      “U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday the U.S. government has launched a criminal probe into BP’s oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico , according to media reports.  "We will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law."

      http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-launches-investigation-into-bp-spill-reports-2010-06-01?reflink=MW_news_stmp

      Reuters

      “We will not rest until justice is done," Holder told reporters.

      The Justice Department will look for violations of the Clean Water Act, the Endangered Species Act, the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and the Oil Pollution Act of 1990, which can be used to hold violators liable for cleanup costs and reimbursement for government efforts.”

      http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6430AR20100601

      CBS Video

      Culture of safety violations

      http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6522137n