Re: [hreg] Mobile air conditioning uints

  • Justin Owens
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2010
      While I am not familiar with the mobile units you are talking about, there are many new AC units available. There are PV powered, solar thermal and geothermal readily available. Standard central ACs are actually pretty efficient nowadays, but there are other options out there. I'd look further into solar thermal and geothermal heat pump systems as the future. PV powered DC air conditioners are very efficient, but to cool an average home on PV is going to cost quite a bit of money up front...significantly more than the other options. Central units can be efficient if they are installed and maintained properly.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 18, 2010, at 6:40 PM, Tai-Lin Hong <tailinux@...> wrote:

      The centralized air conditioning system is one aging technology.

      I have seen some mobile air conditioning units at Fry's and at Home Depot.

      Can we really use them to replace the clumsy, high-cost, high maintenace, energy-inefficient
      centralized sytem?