Public Forum on Proposed Matagorda County Coal/Pet Coke Plant in Bay CIty Tonigh

  • SusanD
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2010
      I know this is late notice, but if any of you have interest in attending this public forum, we'd love to have you. It is organized by the Sierra Club & Public Citizen, Texas and moderated by the League of Women Voters. Plant builders and supporting public officials have been invited to be on the panel as well as water & air experts.

      This plant has the dirtiest air quality permit requested that Texas' TCEQ has seen since the 1970s and would certainly affect Houston's non-attainment air quality status.

      Plant proponents are telling locals that allowing the plant to be built here will not only create jobs, but also will lower our electricity bills (As if the energy created will be distributed locally rather than on the grid) among other lies & half-truths.

      It will be at 7:00 P.M. at the Bay City Service Center, 2105 Ave. M, Bay City

      FMI, e-mail me privately or call (979) 479-0627

      Peace,
      Susan