keep energy co. rates low by calling annually

  • crensinkart
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2010
      I also have Green Mountain Energy. Over the years I have learned that I must call once every year to ask for a lower rate. If I don't the rate automatically jumps higher.

      My hunch is that to attract new customers, they offer an attractively low rate and later on try to increase their profit margin. If an existing customer complains about the increase, it appears their policy is to offer the lower, new customer rate for another year.

      Carol