Re: [hreg] Green electricity

  • Justin Owens
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23, 2010
      And with Green Mountain's 100% re, I believe you can get a rebate for implementation of personal re systems.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 23, 2010, at 6:16 PM, Eileen Nehiley <enehiley@...> wrote:

      I used another company that bids - I think electricitybid. com. Then I called my provider, Green Mountain Energy, directly & was able to lower my rates by 1/3 - from over 18 cents to 12 cents for 12 months. As a long time customer I can leave at any time without a penalty.

      Eileen

      On Apr 23, 2010, at 5:53 PM, mkewert@comcast. net wrote:

      I've had 100% renewable with Spark Energy for a couple of year, but I noticed they've gone up to 16.5 cents/kWh, so I went shopping.

      I found True Electric advertising 100% renewable for 10.7cents/kWh.  When I dug down, I found that their 'true green' product advertises:
      "As a sister company to Texas based oil and gas exploration company New Century Exploration (NCE), True Electric brings 100% green, 100% domestically produced energy to your doorstep powered by Natural Gas.  It's cost effective, it's plentiful, and it is the cleanest burning fossil fuel available to us.  Our family of energy companies works together to find it, responsibly draw it from the earth, and bring it to you for consumption in your home in the form of electricity. "

      How can they put 100% renewable on the electricity facts label?

      I think I'm going to go with Star Tex Power, which has 10.7cents/kWh for 100% Texas wind with a 12 month contract.
      Any other suggestions?

      Shop www.powertochoose. org if you haven't already.

      Mike

    • JOHN GARDNER
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 24, 2010
        HEB currently is running a tear off campaign for Earth Share. A portion of the proceeds go to the Texas Solar Energy Society, of which HREG is the local chapter. The funds go to defray costs of local events like Earth Day.

        Please make a point of donating a little extra when you check out at HEB. It goes to a very wonderful organization.
        Thank you very much,
        John Gardner
        Chairman of the Board TXSES