HREG Quarterly meeting- April 25

  • hreg-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2010
      This is a friendly reminder to inform you of our second HREG quarterly meeting for this year. We have some very exciting topics,speakers and special guests.

      What: HREG Quarterly meeting
      When: Sunday April 25th from 2-4pm
      Where: University of Houston School of Architecture 1st floor auditorium (4800 Calhoun Rd.,Houston, TX 77004). http://www.uh.edu/campus_map/buildings/ARC.php

      Highlights of the event: "Solar Energy and Electric Vehicles", featuring speakers Steve Kobb - president of the Houston Electric Auto Association, who will bring his electric truck.
      Malcolm Reeson - visiting from Perth, Australia, who has an electric BMW conversion which he charges from his solar PV array.
      We will also have a short business meeting and hear from Joe Meppelink about U of H's proposal to the National Science Foundation for "Intelligent Building Management System", which include distributed generation and electric vehicles.

      --
      Regards,
      Suresh Balachandran
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25, 2010
        Don't forget our meeting this afternoon at 2pm. I hope to see you there!

        One thing I am going to talk about is our solar car education outreach project (goes along with our electric car theme). If you can't make it today but are interested in helping, let me know. It is working with 5th graders to build model solar cars for about a week on weekday afternoons (1-3pm). There are several different schools in the Clear Lake/Friendswood area during the month of May, and it's a lot of fun!
        Thanks,
        Mike
        mkewert@...