NET Pollution Solutions Tour

  • Steve Stelzer
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2001
      http://environet.policy.net/tour/photo/scenes/desmond.vtml

      There is a working model of the "energy trailer" discussed. Check out this
      website of the National Environmental Trust. I saw this trailer last year
      at Rice University, and it is great. I don't think we have to reinvent the
      wheel.

      Steve Stelzer
      <<NET Pollution Solutions Tour.url>>
    • Kevin L. Conlin
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10, 2001
        Looked at the photo's, Steve, do you think this trailer is the right one to
        power a concert? Seems a little light on solar, batteries and inverter, but
        a good presentation. I was thinking the demo trailer for a concert would
        have more gear, and have it showing so the public could see what is going
        on. Just my thoughts, regards, Kevin

      • jclem412@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11, 2001
          If you all put on a concert with solar, please invite Diane to perform.
          She's a singer/songwriter and would be glad to help. We wouldn't need much
          power. Not like the old days of rock concerts in the 70's and 80's - too
          loud for my tastes...they would be juice guzzlers.

          Jonathan
        • Marge Wood
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 11, 2001
            You can have a solar concert; you just have to go sit out in the sun with
            your acoustic instruments and maybe a small sound system. Get some folks
            who do various "ethnic" instruments (like steel drums, for example) to
            come sing and perform the music of their choice. And that way we can get
            Diane back!
            Great as PV is, too many people are still avoiding it because of cost.
            Getting everyone outside together to enjoy being there and singing and
            story-telling will help them/us remember that we don't need to spend a
            huge bundle of money to have fun.
            Marge, who really needs to be removed from this list because it is mostly
            Houston-specific and because I probably will hear about joint ventures
            from the Austin bunch.

            On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:32:45 EDT jclem412@... writes:
            > If you all put on a concert with solar, please invite Diane to
            > perform.
            > She's a singer/songwriter and would be glad to help. We wouldn't
            > need much
            > power. Not like the old days of rock concerts in the 70's and 80's
            > - too
            > loud for my tastes...they would be juice guzzlers.
            >
            > Jonathan
            >

            > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!